XenApp and XenDesktop Current Release Update 7.7 und 7.8 (CXD-230)
Designed for students with previous XenApp and XenDesktop experience, who are interested in learning about leading practices and new functionality in the 7.7 and 7.8 releases. Learn about architectural changes, management enhancements, and how to get the most out of XenApp and XenDesktop 7.7 and 7.8 through real world scenarios. Students will have access to hands-on exercises within a virtual lab environment.
This course is recommended for administrators, engineers, and consultants who are interested in learning how to implement the new features of XenApp and XenDesktop 7.7 and 7.8 using leading practices.
We recommend students prepare for this course by gaining a basic understanding of the following concepts and technologies:
- XenApp and/or XenDesktop 7.x
- An understanding of server, desktop and application virtualization concepts
- Familiarity with Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 10
Recommended courses to prepare for CXD-230 are:
- !CX-CXD-300, or
- Deploy and Manage Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop 7.6 Fast Track (CMB-300).
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Deliver Windows 10 desktops with XenDesktop and Provisioning Services
- Understand the upgrade process and installation improvements in XenApp and XenDesktop
- Understand the concept of XenApp and XenDesktop zones and how to configure them
- Configure advanced settings in the StoreFront console including Zone mapping
- Understand the AppDisk architecture
- Configure AppDisks and validate them with AppDNA
- Manage and deliver App-V applications directly through Citrix Studio
- Understand the new Store focused administration in Citrix StoreFront
- Configure application limits and multiple application sessions in Citrix Studio
- Manage applications in Citrix Studio using the applications and tags nodes
- Configure alerting and notifications in Citrix Director
- Describe the performance enhancements to Provisioning Services