Citrix XenServer 6.5 Administration - powered by ArrowECS (CXS-300)
This course provides the skills necessary to effectively design, deploy, manage and support Citrix XenServer 6.5 SP1. Students with limited or no XenServer experience will gain an understanding of what is required to implement and maintain the components of a XenServer enterprise solution.
Students will have access to hands-on exercises within a virtual lab environment to configure a complete enterprise solution – covering everything from installation to advanced troubleshooting.
This course is designed for IT professionals, systems engineers, administrators, and Citrix partners, who need to know how to design, deploy, manage, and support a XenServer enterprise solution. XenApp/XenDesktop administrators who want to learn how to optimize XenDesktop/XenApp performance or how to troubleshoot issues as well as datacenter administrators who are using XenServer for running many different types of virtual machines will benefit from this class.
It's recommended that students prepare for this course by gaining a basic understanding of the following concepts and technologies:
- A basic overall knowledge of virtualization technology
- An understanding of computing architecture, including network and storage devices, device drivers and operating systems
- Basic knowledge of network devices and site architecture, including configuring VLANs
- Basic knowledge of storage terminology and technologies, including partitions, SANs, LUNs, iSCSI, NFS, and CIFS file shares
In this course, students will learn the skills necessary to configure and administer a XenServer 6.5 SP1 environment, including topics such as:
- Understanding XenServer architecture, features, editions and entitlements
- Creating and Managing Virtual Machines
- Installing and Configuring XenServer
- Managing the XenServer Environment
- Configuring Resource Pools
- Configuring High Availability / Disaster Recovery
- Creating and Managing Networks
- Configuring Storage
- Configuring Security
- Understanding Sizing and Design Impact
- Troubleshooting the XenServer Environment
Please see below our alternative, English language, FLEX course option