- Upcoming Events
- Neue Kurse
- iTLS Academy»
- iTLS LIVE E-Learning
- iTLS IT Workshops»
- Hersteller im Fokus
- Amazon Web Services»
- Check Point
- Ethical Hacking
- F5 Networks
- Google Cloud»
- ITIL® und Cobit
- Palo Alto Networks»
- Weitere Hersteller»
- Themen/Technologien im Fokus
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)»
- Cloud Computing»
- Cyber Security»
- Data Center»
- Kubernetes / Container»
- Network Analysis / Wireshark»
- Software Development»
- Wireless & Mobility»
- NSE 8
Fortinet Network Security Expert (NSE 8)
The NSE 8 Fortinet Network Security Expert designation identifies a candidate’s comprehensive knowledge of network security design, configuration, and troubleshooting for complex networks. To attempt the exam, candidates must have related industry experience.
Who should attempt the NSE 8 Certification?
The Fortinet NSE 8 exams are intended for experts in network security and Fortinet security products. The process to prepare for the exam can be costly and time consuming. In addition to formal training, candidates should have experience in a variety of complex networks, solving complicated security problems.
There are no prerequisites to taking the Fortinet NSE 8 written exam. The written exam is a pre-test for the Fortinet NSE 8 practical exam. The NSE 8 written exam is not a certification by itself. The candidate must attempt and pass both the written exam and practical exam to obtain NSE 8 certification.
Candidates must complete the NSE 8 practical exam within two years of completing the NSE 8 written exam. It is recommended that candidates successfully complete NSE 4 to NSE 7 training and to have a strong experience with Fortinet products in a production environment, before attempting NSE 8 exams.
To earn NSE 8 certification, the candidate must complete the NSE 8 exams in the following order:
- NSE 8 written exam
- NSE 8 practical exam
What are the pre-requisites to attempting NSE 8 Certification?
- There are no prerequisites for the NSE 8 written exam.
- The NSE 8 written exam is a prerequisite for the practical exam.
Exams and recommended training
The written exam is available worldwide, through Pearson VUE test centers. Once candidates passed the written exam successfully, they must contact their regional Fortinet Training administrator to schedule and coordinate the NSE 8 practical session. These sessions are available at some Fortinet NSE 8 test locations onsite.
- NSE 8 certification is valid for two years. Candidates can recertify by taking the current written exam at a Pearson Vue test center.
- To recertify for NSE 8, it is sufficient to pass the NSE 8 written exam, as long as the candidate’s NSE 8 certification has not expired.
- A candidate who obtains NSE 8 certification by passing the written and practical exams, is recertified on all the NSE levels that were earned earlier; regardless of whether or not those certification are valid or have expired. Candidates cannot recertify on designation levels for which they have never qualified.
- When a candidate passes the written exam for the purpose of recertifying, they also recertify for all levels, valid or expired. However, if their NSE 8 certification expires, then the candidate will have to retake both the written and practical exams to recertify.