Google Cloud Fundamentals for Azure Professionals (GCPAZURE)
Module 1 Introducing Google Cloud
- Explain the advantages of Google Cloud.
- Define the components of Google's network infrastructure, including: Points of presence, data centers, regions, and zones.
- Understand the difference between Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS).
Module 2 Getting Started with Google Cloud
- Identify the purpose of projects on Google Cloud.
- Understand how Azure's resource hierarchy differs from Google Cloud's
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for Identity and Access Management.
- Understand how Azure AD differs from Google Cloud IAM.
- List the methods of interacting with Google Cloud.
- Launch a solution using Cloud Marketplace.
Module 3 Virtual Machines in the Cloud
- Identify the purpose and use cases for Google Compute Engine.
- Understand the basics of networking in Google Cloud.
- Understand how Azure VPC differs from Google VPC.
- Understand the similarities and differences between Azure VM and Google Compute Engine.
- Understand how typical approaches to load-balancing in Google Cloud differ from those in Azure.
- Deploy applications using Google Compute Engine.
Module 4 Storage in the Cloud
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for: Cloud Storage, Cloud SQL, Cloud Bigtable and Cloud Datastore.
- Understand how Azure Blob compares to Cloud Storage.
- Compare Google Cloud’s managed database services with Azure SQL.
- Learn how to choose among the various storage options on Google Cloud.
- Load data from Cloud Storage into BigQuery.
Module 5 Containers in the Cloud
- Define the concept of a container and identify uses for containers.
- Identify the purpose of and use cases for Google Container Engine and Kubernetes.
- Understand how Azure Kubernetes Service differs from from Google Kubernetes Engine.
- Provision a Kubernetes cluster using Kubernetes Engine.
- Deploy and manage Docker containers using kubectl.
Module 6 Applications in the Cloud
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for Google App Engine.
- Contrast the App Engine Standard environment with the App Engine Flexible environment.
- Understand how App Engine differs from Azure App Service.
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for Google Cloud Endpoints.
Module 7 Developing, Deploying and Monitoring in the Cloud
- Understand options for software developers to host their source code.
- Understand the purpose of template-based creation and management of resources.
- Understand how Google Cloud Deployment Manager differs from Azure Resource Manager.
- Understand the purpose of integrated monitoring, alerting, and debugging
- Understand how Google Monitoring differs from Azure Application Insights and Azure Log Analytics.
- Create a Deployment Manager deployment.
- Update a Deployment Manager deployment.
- View the load on a VM instance using Google Monitoring.
Module 8 Big Data and Machine Learning in the Cloud
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for the products and services in the Google Cloud big data and machine learning platforms.
- Understand how Google Cloud BigQuery differs from Azure Data Lake.
- Understand how Google Cloud Pub/Sub differs from Azure Event Hubs and Service Bus.
- Understand how Google Cloud’s machine-learning APIs differ from Azure's.
- Load data into BigQuery from Cloud Storage.
- Perform queries using BigQuery to gain insight into data.
Module 9 Summary and Review
- Review the products that make up Google Cloud and remember how to choose among them
- Understand next steps for training and certification
- Understand, at a high level, the process of migrating from Azure to Google Cloud.