Cisco Software-Defined Access (SDA): Use Case Implementation, Operations, & Troubleshooting (SDAOTS)
This 5-day deep dive training course explores the capabilities of the Cisco Software-Defined Access (SDA) solution. Students will learn how to implement SDA for different solution verticals. It also addresses the details of how to operate and troubleshoot the different capabilities of the underlying solution components.
The knowledge and skills that the learner should have before attending this course are as follows:
- Implementation of Enterprise LAN networks
- Basic understanding of Enterprise switching, and wireless connectivity
- Basic understanding of Enterprise routing connectivity
- Basic understanding of AAA (authentication, authorization, and accounting) process and workflow
- Programming knowledge such as Python, RestAPI is useful
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Articulate the value of Cisco SDA Use Cases including, for example: saving operational and management cost to maintain and support ever growing network infrastructure; central security policy to comply to regional or global regulatory requirements and enterprise security policy; deliver best-in-class services to end-users; leveraging networking insights and trends to optimize business process and workflows. Some real scenarios such as supporting multi-mode collaboration within shared workspaces in life sciences; accelerating the deployment of “pop-up” sites for emergency medical purposes; creating integrated building management solutions; zero-touch day 0 network turn-up of additional sites, rapid response to network threat and vulnerabilities, and similar.
- Describe the technical capabilities of Cisco DNA Center and how they are applied in SDA Use Cases. This includes the lifecycle stages of network device discovery, assigning network devices to sites, network design options, provisioning, software image management, building a fabric, segmentation design, assurance, application policy, etc.
- Set up an SDA environment, integrating Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) and other solution components as required.
- Apply troubleshooting methods, processes, tips to resolve implementation and maintenance issues of the following aspects of the technical solution:
- Device Onboarding, including device discovery, Plug-and-Play and LAN Automation
- Network design settings, including sites, AAA, SNMP, Syslog, IP address pools, image management, network profiles, and authentication templates
- Policies for access control, applications and virtual networks
- Provisioning, including template-based provisioning for day 0 and day N operations
- Network Segmentation, including the application of Cisco TrustSec security with Scalable Group Tags (SGTs) and Virtual Networks
- Assurance to monitor network, endpoint, and applications to ensure best user experience
- Integration of ServiceNow for an integrated IT service management lifecycle
- Integration of InfoBlox for integrated IPAM