Veritas NetBackup 8.3: Advanced Administration (NBAA83)
Acquire the skills to make your data protection strategy successful with the Veritas NetBackup 8.3: Advanced Administration course. You will learn advanced NetBackup topics, including NetBackup performance, security, disaster recovery, application and database protection on physical and virtual machines, and protecting data backed up to and from the cloud. This course also covers using NetBackup to manage Oracle, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft SharePoint, and SAP HANA database backups and restores along with other modern workloads like Red Hat Virtualization and Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor. NetBackup APIs, Parallel Streaming Framework, Universal Shares, and Veritas Smart Meter are also discussed in this course.
Who should attend
This course is intended for NetBackup system administrators, system engineers, technical support personnel, and system integration and development staff who are responsible for implementing new and advanced NetBackup 8.3 features and functions.
Students should be familiar with general network and storage concepts, and the administration and configuration of Windows or Linux operating systems. Students must also have one to three years of experience with basic NetBackup administration, configuration, and operation. These prerequisites can be met by attending any version of the NetBackup Administration course plus additional on-the-job experience.
By the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Improve NetBackup performance by addressing bottlenecks and becoming familiar with NetBackup performance enhancing features.
- Ensure your NetBackup environment and data is secure using security certificates, authentication, authorization, auditing, and encryption.
- Prepare for common disasters and plan for disaster recovery using optimized duplication and Auto Image Replication.
- Optimize NetBackup deduplication storage and use by understanding and managing performance enhancing features for backups and restores, and configuring MSDP catalog protection policies.
- Configure NetBackup to back up and restore Oracle, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft SharePoint and SAP HANA databases.
- Discuss strategies for Oracle, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, and Microsoft SharePoint database recovery.
- Configure, run, and manage backups for applications running in virtual machines.
- Use NetBackup to protect modern workloads like Red Hat Virtualization and Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor.
- Configure, run, and manage backups using NDMP filers with NetBackup.
- Manage NetBackup cloud storage and cloud backups.
- Work with Veritas Smart Meter and NetBackup APIs.
- Integrate NetBackup and Veritas Resiliency Platform.
- Configure NetBackup for Replication Director.
- Configure NetBackup integration with Access Appliance 3340 (7.4.2).
- Configure Bare Metal Restore.
- Configure local and remote NDMP backups.
- Securing Backup Data
- Improving NetBackup Performance
- Optimizing NetBackup Deduplication
- NetBackup Parallel Streaming Framework
- Protecting Microsoft SQL Databases
- Protecting Oracle Databases
- Protecting Microsoft Exchange
- Protecting Red Hat Virtualization Workloads
- Protecting Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor Workloads
- Universal Shares
- NetBackup Cloud Solutions
- Veritas Smart Meter
- NetBackup APIs
- NetBackup Resilience