VMware Advanced Skills for vSphere Professionals Workshop (ASVPWS67)
This five-day workshop is intended to provide hands-on experience to anyone aspiring to pass the VMware VCAP 6.7 certification exam. This course covers all the exam objectives and provides maximum practical exposure to various vSphere administration and configuration issues.
- VMware ESXiTM 6.7
- vSphere 6.7
Who should attend
Experienced system administrators aspiring to pass VCAP 6.7 certification exam.
This class requires completion of the following course:
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.7]
Experience with working at the command line is helpful.
The course presumes that a student can perform the following tasks with no assistance or guidance before enrolling:
- Create VMware vCenter Server® objects, such as data centers and folders.
- Create a virtual machine using a wizard or a template.
- Modify a virtual machine’s hardware.
- Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere® vMotion®.
- Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion®.
- Configure and manage a VMware vSphere® Distributed Resource SchedulerTM cluster with resource pools.
- Configure and manage a VMware vSphere® High Availability cluster.
If you cannot perform all these tasks, VMware recommends that you complete one of the prerequisite courses.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Configure and manage Auto Deploy configurations
- Configure advanced system settings
- Deploy and configure Core Management Infrastructure components
- Deploy and configure Update Manager components
- Perform virtual machine configurations
- Implement complex storage solutions
- Deploy and configure VMware vSANTM
- Troubleshoot complex storage solutions
- Implement and manage VMware vSphere® 6.x Standard Switch (vSS) and Distributed Switch (vDS) networks
- Troubleshoot a vSphere 6.x network implementation
- Implement and maintain vSphere availability solutions
- Implement and manage DRS solutions
- Troubleshoot vSphere clusters
- Manage a vSphere environment using command line tools
- Manage and analyze vSphere log files
- Configure and manage Content Library
- Utilize vSphere Performance Monitoring Tools
- Optimize virtual machine resources
- Deploy and manage VMware vSphere® ReplicationTM and VMware vSphere® Data ProtectionTM
- Backup and recover vSphere configurations
- Configure a vSphere 6.x environment for security
- Manage authentication and end-user security
- Manage SSL certificates and encryption Keys
- Secure and encrypt a virtual machine
- Course Introduction
- Create and Deploy vSphere 6.x Infrastructure Components
- Deploy and Manage a vSphere 6.x Storage Infrastructure
- Deploy and Manage a vSphere 6.x Network Infrastructure
- Configure a vSphere Deployment for Availability and Scalability
- Configure a vSphere Deployment for Manageability
- Configure a vSphere Deploy for Performance
- Configure a vSphere 6.x Environment for Recoverability
- Configure a vSphere 6.x Environment for Security