Business & IT Convergence - Engaging the Stakeholder (BIC-ESH)
Who should attend
Key Account Manager, Account Manager, Sales Team Leader, Business Development Manager
It is recommended that you have attended one of the following courses:
- Approach business stakeholders and having a meaningful conversation
- Apply communication techniques required for managing C-Level conversations
- Use SPIN (Situation-Problem-Implication-Need) to evaluate the stakeholders need
- Use storytelling to carry the value of transformative architectures to non-IT-manager
- Create a powerful business-led presentation focusing on the customers’ business and your unique value proposition
- Build a presentation routine and demonstrate the key advantages of your solution
Rapidly changing environments require a new sales style. Besides acquiring increased knowledge about technologies, account teams must learn and apply new practices and skills to resonate with stakeholders outside of IT.
Account teams are challenged by an ongoing transformation:
1. Business & IT converge: IT is no longer supporting infrastructure only but is becoming the strategic platform for any organizations development. Infrastructure and applications must be aligned with corporate strategy in order to contribute significant value.
2. More and more IT budget is allocated outside the IT department due to business requirements. Beyond plain technical features, the functionality and value of complex IT solutions must be “translated“ into business terms.
3. As investments into IT are growing, managers ask for financial returns, value creation and other measures of success. IT investments must be linked with strategic and operative goals.
The second course of our transformative education program is addressing the Tell, Show & Resonate phase and is focusing on skills required to communicate and resonate with business stakeholders (C-level, line of business managers etc.). It enables participants to apply communication and presentation techniques in combination with storytelling in order to present the value of technology in front of business stakeholders. It also covers how to integrate business-led demonstration routines into the sales process.
Another key element of this training is identifying the care-about and needs of various business stakeholders in customer organization and how partners can successfully approach them and have meaningful conversation.
We suggest that account teams should also attend the following courses in order to maximize the impact of our salesforce transformation program.
- Business & IT Convergence - Discover the Customer (BIC-DTC) – Discover & Qualify
- Business & IT Convergence - Creating a Business Case (BIC-CBC) – Convince & Close
- Business & IT Convergence - Bring Technology to Life (BIC-BTL) – Enable & Adopt
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Enquire a date