Configuring BIG-IP ASM: Application Security Manager (TRG-BIG-ASM-ESS)
Who should attend
This class is intended for network and security administrators who will be responsible for the installation and day-to-day maintenance of the Application Security Manager.
- Participants should understand:
- Common Network terminology
- TCP/IP Addressing, Routing
- Web application terminology
- Basic HTTP and HTML concepts
- Basic Security concepts
- In addition, participants should be proficient with:
- Basic PC operation and application skills, including operating a CD drive, keyboard, mouse and Windows OS,
- Basic Web Browser operation (Internet Explorer is used in class).
By course completion, the student will be able to implement and understand security policy configuration tasks and configure a security policy based on traffic learning and various security policy building techniques. Additionally, a student will be able to administer and manage Application Security Manager.
- Course topics include:
- HTTP and HTML Concepts
- Common Vulnerabilities
- Web Application Configuration
- Security Policy Configuration
- Traffic Forensics
- Ongoing Policy Management
- ASM Application Flow
- Enhancing Standard Policies
- APC & Policy Building Tools
- ASM Learning
- Advanced Policy Configuration
- Upon completing this course, a student will be able to install and understand application flow on an Application Security Manager and configure security for a Web application based on the Standard and~Enhanced Standard security model. Additionally a student will be able to monitor and administer an Application Security Manager as well as modify and configure advanced security policies using different methodologies.
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Enquire a date