Junos Troubleshooting in the NOC (JTNOC)
Who should attend
The course content is aimed at operators of devices running the Junos OS in a NOC environment. These operators include network engineers, administrators, support personnel, and reseller support personnel.
This course is part of the following Certifications:
JTNOC is an introductory-level course. You should have basic networking knowledge and an understanding of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) reference model and the TCP/IP protocol suite and also attend the Introduction to the Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS) course or have equivalent experience prior to attending this class.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Reduce the time it takes to identify and isolate the root cause of an issue impacting your network.
- Gain familiarity with Junos products as they pertain to troubleshooting.
- Become familiar with online resources valuable to Junos troubleshooting.
- Gain familiarity with Junos tools used in troubleshooting.
- Identify and isolate hardware issues.
- Troubleshoot problems with the control plane.
- Troubleshoot problems with interfaces and other data plane components.
- Describe the staging and acceptance methodology.
- Troubleshoot routing protocols.
- Describe how to monitor your network with SNMP, RMON, JFlow, and port mirroring.
- Become familiar with JTAC procedures.
This three-day course is designed to provide introductory troubleshooting skills for engineers in a network operations center (NOC) environment. Key topics within this course include troubleshooting methodology, troubleshooting tools, hardware monitoring and troubleshooting, interface monitoring and troubleshooting, troubleshooting the data plane and control plane on devices running the Junos operating system, staging and acceptance methodology, troubleshooting routing protocols, monitoring the network, and working with JTAC. This course is based on Junos OS Release 12.2R2.5.
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Enquire a date