In this workshop, you will look at the process of developing a proof of concept (POC) that will illustrate the use of many Azure features to support a highly scalable microservices architecture based on Service Fabric and Azure Functions.
Who should attend
This workshop is intended for Cloud Architects and IT professionals who have architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design in cloud technologies and want to learn more about Azure and Azure services as described in the ‘About this Course’ and ‘At Course Completion’ areas. Those attending this workshop should also be experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, meet the course prerequisites, and want to cross-train on Azure.
By the end of this workshop you will be better able to design and deploy solutions based on Service Fabric and Azure Functions, in conjunction with other Azure features.
Module 1: Whiteboard Design Session - Microservices Architecture
- Review the customer case study
- Design a proof of concept solution
- Present the solution
Module 2: Hands-on Lab - Microservices Architecture
- Environment setup
- Implementing the Service Fabric solution (Developer Edition Only)
- Placing ticket orders
- Publish the Service Fabric Application
- API Management
- Configure and publish the web application
- Rollback (Infrastructure Edition Only)
- Load testing (Infrastructure Edition Only)
- Load testing w/ partitions (Infrastructure Edition Only)
- Secure the web application (Infrastructure Edition Only)