Oracle OpenStack: Administration Essentials (D100043)
Oracle OpenStack: Administration Essentials teaches students about essential OpenStack services for creating and managing cloud resources as a cloud administrator and identifies tasks cloud operators perform.
Using a web browser and command line interface, students learn to create and deploy networks, launch virtual machine instances, and attach storage for storing data. The course covers resource deployment automation using scripting and the Heat Orchestration service. Additionally, students create and manage a Murano application for publishing to an application catalog. Students learn about Ceilometer metering for collecting sample data to generate reports, in addition to, administering alarms for monitoring resource usage.
- View Oracle OpenStack via the Horizon Dashboard.
- Configure and use docker-ostk to access OpenStack services.
- Create and manage compute instances.
- Create and manage networks, subnets, and routers.
- Create and manage storage volumes and object containers.
Benefits To You
Oracle OpenStack: Administration Essentials teaches you how to use, configure, and administer OpenStack services. Students who need to deploy public, private, and hybrid clouds will benefit from taking this course. Students learn how to attach storage volumes to compute instances and create object containers for solving data persistence issues. From the monitoring of deployed resources, students gain an understanding in alarming and metering concepts for tracking and billing of customer resource usage.
Who should attend
- Cloud Administrator
- Storage Administrator
- End Users
- System Administrator
- Support Engineer
- Familiarity with networks
- Familiarity with data storage
- Oracle Linux 7: System Administration (D88168)
- Describe the Oracle OpenStack services
- Review the features of Oracle OpenStack
- Identify primary areas of Horizon Dashboard
- Configure docker-ostk client utility
- Create Glance images
- Create and manage Nova compute instances
- Create and manage Neutron networks
- Create and manage Murano environments
- Create, import, and manage Murano packages
- Identify default Ceilometer meters and metering statistics
- Create and manage Ceilometer alarms
- Identify the steps to create, manage, and link routers
- Create and manage Cinder volumes
- Identify the steps to attach and detach Cinder volumes
- Upload and download Swift objects
- Create and manage Heat stacks
- Cloud Administration Tools
- Glance Image
- Nova Compute
- Neutron Networking
- Cinder Block Storage
- Swift Object Storage
- Heat Orchestration
- Murano Application Catalog
Duration 2 days
Price (excl. tax)
- Austria: 1,422.- €
- Switzerland: 1,422.- €
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course.