Oracle Solaris 11 System Administration (D72896)
This Oracle Solaris 11 System Administration training teaches you the full range of introductory system administration tasks. Learn how to monitor basic troubleshooting and install the operating system on a single system.
- Perform basic installation and software package updates.
- Perform basic services, process and access control management.
- Perform basic data storage, zones, network and user administration.
Benefits to You
Discover how Oracle Solaris 11.1 delivers Oracle Database and Java enhancements, expanded mission-critical cloud management capabilities and advanced platform features. This course provides intensive hands-on experience with key system administration tasks with the goal of making the system administrator job-ready. As you learn about new cloud management features in Oracle Solaris 11, you will be able to provide your organization with accurate insights.
New to Oracle Solaris 11.1 Operating System
If you are an experienced Oracle Solaris 10 System Administration and are looking for Oracle Solaris 11 training, you should consider the Transition to Oracle Solaris 11 course. It builds on your Oracle Solaris 10 experience.
After completing this course, for more "advanced" Oracle Solaris 11 system administration tasks, please register for Oracle Solaris 11 Advanced System Administration.
Who should attend
- System Administrator
- Support Engineer
- Basic UNIX skills
- Basic shell scripting
- Install the Oracle Solaris 11.x Operating System on a single system
- Perform basic system assessments
- Update and manage software packages
- Manage services
- Set up and manage data storage
- Perform basic zones administration tasks
- Perform basic physical network administration tasks
- Set up and administer users
- Control access to systems and files
- Perform basic system process management
- Monitor and perform basic system troubleshooting
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Enquire a date