Oracle Solaris 11 Zones Administration (D75929)
The Oracle Solaris 11 Zones Administration training is an advanced course offering that builds on Oracle Solaris 11 system administration courses. Expert Oracle University instructors will help you develop the skills and knowledge required to administer Oracle Solaris Zones server virtualization technology.
- Plan infrastructure consolidation using zone.
- Configure nonglobal zones including: solaris native zones, solaris10 zones, and kernel zones.
- Administer zones.
- Migrate global and nonglobal zones.
- Manage zone resources including: CPUs, memory, networks, and storage.
- Optimize zones.
- Troubleshoot zone problems.
Benefits to You
By taking this course, you'll get a chance to examine various aspects of planning for implementing server virtualization in an enterprise environment. Throughout the course, you'll practice server virtualization by performing a series of guided hands-on labs that walk you through the critical tasks associated with server and network virtualization activities.
Participate in Hands-On Labs
These labs include case studies that showcase best practices when deploying Oracle Solaris Zones server virtualization technology. This course does not address system virtualization related tasks specific to Solaris 10 (or other) operating systems. Rather, it focuses on the virtualization technology as implemented in the Oracle Solaris 11 operating system.
Required Prerequisite Knowledge
This course is intended for IT architects and system administrators who are responsible for planning and performing server virtualization tasks in the datacenter. It assumes you already have the skills and knowledge necessary to administer Oracle Solaris 11.
Who should attend
- Support Engineer
- Sales Consultants
- System Administrator
- Minimum two years experience working with Solaris operating system.
- Oracle Solaris 11 System Administration (D72896)
- Oracle Solaris 11 Advanced System Administration (D72965)
- Develop plans for deploying Oracle Solaris Zones server virtualization technology
- Identify best practices associated with Oracle Solaris Zones server virtualization technology
- Configure and deploy Oracle Solaris Zones server virtualization
- Administer Oracle Solaris Zones
- Monitor Oracle Solaris Zones resource utilization
- Tune Oracle Solaris Zones for best performance
- Troubleshoot problems related to Oracle Solaris Zones
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course.