Oracle Solaris 11 Performance Management (D78767)
No hands on lab environment for the TOD course format.
This Oracle Solaris 11 Performance Management course introduces you to performance tuning principles. Learn to monitor utilities and use tuning tools for the Oracle Solaris 11 Operating System.
- Use the Oracle Solaris 11 OS and third-party tools to analyze performance.
- View and set tunable parameters for the global or a non-global zone.
- Monitor and report on process and thread activity.
- Modify CPU scheduling and virtual memory operations.
- Describe system caches and system buses.
- Tune I/O, the ZFS File System and network subsystems.
- Evaluate system workloads.
- Assess system performance.
- Determine the cause of system performance issues.
- Configure system resource for best performance.
- Optimize software running on UltraSPARC CMT technology.
- Tune the Solaris 11 OS.
Monitor System Efficiency
You'll also review Solaris subsystems and utilities to monitor system efficiency, including: kstat, sar, vmstat, iostat, netstat, mpstat, nfsstat, ps, prstat, pmap, the proc tools, truss, dtrace, the DTrace Toolkit, cpustat, cputrack, swap, lockstat and mdb.
This course also includes a section about optimizing system resources and tuning Solaris virtualization. You'll also review content related to key Cloud performance technologies, like Solaris Integated Load Balancer and data flows control.
The Oracle Solaris 11 Performance Management course includes robust hands-on practices. These labs will help you apply best practices and techniques to reinforce critical thinking and skills.
Who should attend
- Data Center Manager
- System Administrator
- Support Engineer
- Employ advanced systems administration skills in a networked Oracle Solaris 11 OS server environment
- Create and manage Oracle Solaris 11 storage
- Configure and administer Oracle Solaris 11 networking
- Oracle Solaris 11 Advanced System Administration (D72965)
- Oracle Solaris 11 ZFS Administration
- Identify ways to measure or load subsystems
- Configure resource management with zones and pools
- Use system monitoring tools including DTrace
- Determine the cause of system performance issues
- Use system configuration tool
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Enquire a date