Java SE 8: New Features (D80895)
This Java SE 8 New Features training delves into the major changes and enhancements in Oracle Java SE 8. You'll focus on developing an understanding of the basics, then looking at using streams and lambda expressions with collections.
- Work with the new Java Date and Time API.
- Create lambda expressions using the default library interfaces.
- Use new concurrent lambda features.
Benefits to You
By enrolling in this course, you'll expand your knowledge of Java SE 8, while building your Java skill set. It wraps up with an overview of Mission Control and Java Flight Recorder, which are now included with JDK 8.
Who should attend
- Java Developers
- Project managers
- Java SE 7: Programming (D67238)
- Java SE7 Fundamentals
- Create lambda expressions using the default library interfaces
- Create lambda expressions using the proper syntax
- Use new concurrent lambda features
- Use the new Date/Time API
- Use Mission Control and Flight Recorder
- Course Introduction
- Introducing Lambda Expressions
- A Case for Lambda Expressions
- Filtering Collections with Lambdas
- Using Built in Lambda Types
- Collection Operations with Lambda
- Parallel Streams
- Lambda Cookbook
- Method Enhancements
- Using the Date/Time API: Working with Local Dates and Times
- Using the Date/Time API: Working with Time Zones
- Using the Date/Time API: Working with Date and Time Amounts
- Intro to Mission Control
- Intro to Flight Recorder
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Enquire a date