Oracle Linux 5 & 6 Advanced Administration (D84498)
This Oracle Linux Advanced Administration training is ideal for experienced administrators who need to learn more about advanced features of Oracle Linux. You'll learn to configure network and authentication services, implement virtualization technologies to more effectively manage system resources, and deploy new types of file systems to improve performance and increase data integrity, while developing troubleshooting and advanced storage administration skills.
- Automate installation using Kickstart.
- Recover from boot errors.
- Address today's large storage requirements.
- Manage resources to deliver consistent response times and performance.
- Allocate system resources to specific Linux processes.
- Use DTrace to identify performance bottlenecks.
- Configure the Oracle Cluster File System.
- Use new technologies, including Linux Containers.
Benefits To You
After taking this course, you will be equipped to use the advanced features of Oracle Linux to get the most out of your systems and applications. Discover how to take advantage of XFS, which improves file system performance, and Btrfs, with its data integrity, copy-on-write, and snapshotting functionality. You'll also learn how to use Control Groups and Linux Containers to increase your resource utilization by creating secure, isolated environments on a single host.
Gain Hands-On Experience
Extensive hands-on practices will guide you through each concept. You will install different types of file systems, including OCFS2, XFS, and Btrfs. You will also experience how to share storage devices across multiple systems, allocate system resources such as CPU, memory, network and I/O bandwidth to critical processes.
Who should attend
- System administrators
- Network administrators
Oracle Linux System Administration
- Configure network addressing and authentication services
- Configure Apache web services
- Automate installation using Kickstart
- Create and use Btrfs file systems
- Create and use XFS file systems
- Configure resource management using Control Groups (cgroups)
- Configure operating system-level virtualization with Linux Containers (LXC)
- Configure server virtualization with KVM
- Configure iSCSI shared storage
- Configure Device Mapper Multipathing
- Create Udev rules for persistent device naming
- Configure a shared disk cluster file system using Oracle Cluster File System Version 2 (OCFS2)
- Collect and analyze core dumps
- Explore your system using Dynamic Tracing (DTrace)
- Configure and use SELinux
- Perform advanced software package management
- Course Introduction
- Network Addressing and Name Services
- Authentication and Directory Services
- Web and Email Services
- Installing Oracle Linux using Kickstart
- Samba Services
- Advanced Software Package Management
- Advanced Storage Administration
- OCFS2 and Oracle Clusterware
- iSCSI and Multipathing
- Implementing the XFS File System
- Implementing the Btrfs File System
- Managing Resources with Control Groups (cgroups)
- Virtualization with Linux
- Virtualization with Linux Containers
- Security Enhanced Linux (SELinux)
- Core Dump Analysis
- Dynamic Tracking with DTrace
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Enquire a date