Zones Administration on Oracle Solaris 11 (D93397)
This is an advanced course offering that builds on Oracle Solaris 11 system administration courses. It is focused on the skills and knowledge required for administering Oracle Solaris Zones server virtualization technology. This course is intended for IT architects and system administrators who are responsible for planning and performing server virtualization tasks in the datacenter.
This course is intended for System Administrators and IT architects who are responsible for deploying the Oracle Solaris operating system in zone-based virtual machines. Throughout the course, students perform a series of guided hands-on labs, based on established best practices that walk the student through the critical tasks associated with infrastructure consolidation and workload administration activities using Oracle Solaris Zones.
- Plan infrastructure consolidation using zones.
- Configure non-global zones including: Oracle Solaris native zones, Oracle Solaris 10 zones, and kernel zones.
- Administer zones.
- Migrate global and non-global zones
- Manage zone resources including: CPUs, memory, networks, and storage.
- Optimize zones form best workload performance.
- Troubleshoot zone problems.
Benefits To You
During this course, the student examines various aspects of planning for implementing server virtualization in an enterprise environment. Throughout the course, students practice server virtualization by performing a series of guided hands-on labs that walk the student through the critical tasks associated with server and network virtualization activities. These labs include case studies that showcase best practices when deploying Oracle Solaris Zones server virtualization technology. This course does not address system virtualization related tasks specific to Solaris 10 (or other) operating systems. Rather, it focuses on the virtualization technology as implemented in the Oracle Solaris 11 operating system. It assumed that the student already has the skills and knowledge necessary for administering Oracle Solaris 11.
Who should attend
- System Administrator
- Support Engineer
- Technical Consultant
- Develop plans for deploying Oracle Solaris Zones server virtualization technology
- Identify best practices associated with Oracle Solaris Zones server virtualization technology
- Configure and deploy Oracle Solaris Zones server virtualization
- Configure, deploy, and manage Kernel Zones
- Administer Oracle Solaris Zones
- Monitor Oracle Solaris Zones resource utilization
- Tune Oracle Solaris Zones for best performance
- Troubleshoot problems related to Oracle Solaris Zones
- Introduction to Oracle Solaris Zones
- Configuring Oracle Solaris Zones
- Deploying Oracle Solaris Zones using Automatic Installation (AI)
- Migrating Oracle Solaris 10 Systems and Native Zones
- Administering Oracle Solaris Zones
- Administering Zone Networks
- Configuring Oracle Solaris Kernel Zones
- Optimizing Workloads by Managing Resources
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting Oracle Solaris Zone
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Enquire a date