This course is for senior system and storage administrators who are interested in deploying scalable, highly available storage on off-the-shelf hardware and in cloud environments.
This course is based on Red Hat Gluster Storage 3.
Who should attend
- Linux system administrators and storage administrators interested in, or responsible for, maintaining large storage clusters using Red Hat Storage
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or an equivalent level of knowledge is highly recommended
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or equivalent experience.
Impact on the organization
This course is intended to develop the skills needed to administer a software defined storage system based on commodity hardware, providing enterprise level capabilities, such as: fault tolerance, geo-replication, snapshotting, tiering and encryption, while enabling your storage infrastructure to grow at a pace that matches your business needs.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, students should be able to describe the architecture of Gluster, install and operate a Gluster cluster, and integrate it with Red Hat Storage Console.
Students should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Describe the architecture of Gluster
- Install a Red Hat Gluster Storage cluster
- Manage operations on a Red Hat Gluster Storage cluster
- Manage Red Hat Gluster Storage with Red Hat Storage Console
Students will learn how to install, configure, and maintain a cluster of Red Hat Storage servers. The course will also explore highly available common Internet file systems (CIFS) and network file systems (NFS) using Clustered Trivial DataBase (CTDB), unified file and object storage, and geo-replication. Finally, students will learn about the Hadoop plugin for Red Hat Storage, snapshots, and geo-replication.
This course can help you prepare for the Red Hat Certified Specialist in Gluster Storage Administration Exam (EX236).
Course content summary
- Install and configure Red Hat Storage Server
- Create and manage different volume types
- Learn about IP failover for NFS and SMB
- Explore georeplication
- Configure network encryption
- Manage tiering