Veritas Cluster Server 6.x for Unix: Advanced Administration (CSUAA)
Who should attend
This course is for system administrators, architects, and technical support personnel who are responsible for implementing, managing, and supporting clusters in complex enterprise environments.
You must have administrator-level experience with UNIX or Linux, TCP/IP networking, and clustering using Symantec Cluster Server.
The Symantec Cluster Server 6.x: Advanced Administration course is designed for the IT professional tasked with managing, configuring, and using clusters in an enterprise environment. This class covers how to set up advanced network and data protection configurations, customize VCS behavior using triggers and service group dependencies, and manage system outages.
Students also learn how to control VCS behavior for service group startup and failover. In addition, students learn how to reconfigure cluster membership, upgrade a cluster, and configure campus clusters.
Note: This course does not teach basic clustering concepts and is a follow-on course from the Symantec Cluster Server 6.x course.
By the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Set up alternative configurations for the public and private networks.
- Use triggers and service group dependencies to control service groups.
- Implement different types of fencing configurations for data protection.
- Reconfigure cluster memberships.
- Customize service group startup, shutdown, and failover.
- Manage system outages.
- Administer campus clusters.
- Upgrade a cluster.
- Reviewing an Existing VCS Environment
- Configuring LLT
- Using Multiple Public Network Interfaces
- Using Triggers to Customize VCS Behavior
- Managing Service Group Dependencies
- Using I/O Fencing for Application Data Integrity
- Using Coordination Point Server for Application Data Integrity
- Administering Fencing Configurations
- Reconfiguring Cluster Memberships
- Controlling Application Startup and Shutdown
- Controlling Application Failover
- Customizing Application Failover Behavior
- Managing System Outages
- Administering Campus Clusters
- Upgrading Storage Foundation High Availability
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Enquire a date