Veritas NetBackup 8.3: Administration (NBA83)
Acquire the skills to make your data protection strategy successful with the Veritas NetBackup 8.3: Administration course. You will learn the general principles, configuration, and management of NetBackup, including how to best utilize the NetBackup tools and interfaces, effectively monitor backup operations, and ensure that the data recovery objectives are met.
Who should attend
This course is intended for technical professionals responsible for the design, configuration, operation, monitoring, or support of NetBackup.
Students should be familiar with general network and storage concepts, and the administration and configuration of Windows or Linux operating systems.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss the challenges of performing backups in today’s enterprise computing environments.
- Describe the functions of the master server, media servers, and clients.
- Describe how NetBackup backs up and restores data.
- Identify NetBackup options and agents.
- Use the NetBackup Administration Console, Web Interface, and OpsCenter.
- Configure and manage basic disk storage units and storage unit groups.
- Configure file system backup policies and schedules.
- Perform manual backups and user-directed backups.
- Restore files using the Java or Windows BAR interface and OpsCenter Operational Restore.
- Monitor NetBackup backup and restore jobs and perform basic troubleshooting and information-gathering related to failing jobs.
- Configure and manage AdvancedDisk storage units and disk pools.
- Configure tape-based devices and volume pools; perform a robot inventory.
- Describe the various methods of backup image duplication.
- Describe MSDP cloud support and duplicate backups from local MSDP storage to MSDP cloud.
- Backup, restore and protect virtual environments like VMware and Hyper-V.
- Configure Storage Lifecycle Policies (SLPs) and initiate jobs that use SLPs.
- Manage the NetBackup catalog.
- Optimize NetBackup for performance.
- Generate NetBackup reports.
- Introducing NetBackup
- NetBackup Web UI
- NetBackup Storage
- NetBackup Policies
- Protecting File Systems
- NetBackup Certificate Administration
- Storage Lifecycle Policies
- Optimizing NetBackup
- NetBackup: Upgrading and Updating
- NetBackup Deduplication
- NetBackup MSDP Cloud and Disaster Recovery
- Protecting VMware Environments
- NetBackup Catalog
- NetBackup Reporting
- NetBackup Integrated Solutions
Duration 5 days
Duration 5 days
Price (excl. tax)
- Germany: 3,100.— €
- Switzerland: CHF 3,980.—
- Coffee, Tea, Juice, Water, Soft drinks
- Pastry and Sweets
- Fresh fruits
- Lunch in a nearby restaurant
* Catering information only valid for courses delivered by iTLS.
Currently no local training dates available. Enquire a date