The Veritas NetBackup Appliances 4.1: Configuration and Management course is designed for the IT professional who is new to appliances and is responsible for configuring the NetBackup 5340 and 5350 appliances, performing appliance maintenance tasks, and managing appliances.
This course covers how to configure the appliances and add storage to the appliances. You learn how the appliances easily integrate into the NetBackup environment, how to run backups and restores, and the basics of resolving appliance issues and maintaining the appliances. You also learn about reconfiguring the appliances, deploying virtual appliances, using common appliance features, and clustering NetBackup 53xx appliances.
Who should attend
This course is meant for customers and partners new to appliances and front-line technical support personnel who are responsible for configuring the 5340 and 5350 appliances, performing appliance maintenance tasks, operating and managing the appliance, and troubleshooting the appliance.
You must have working knowledge of Veritas NetBackup. It is beneficial to have some knowledge about Veritas NetBackup appliances, networking, and storage concepts.
By the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe key components of the NetBackup Appliances - hardware and software.
- Configure the NetBackup Appliance.
- Configure Universal Shares in an Appliance.
- Perform local configuration tasks using the Appliance Web Console and the NetBackup Appliance Shell Menu CLISH.
- Perform remote configuration tasks using Veritas Remote Management (VRM).
- Integrate appliances into the NetBackup environment, run backups, and restores.
- Configure appliance shares and work with Oracle Copilot and Instant Access for VMware.
- Resolve appliance issues with troubleshooting tools.
- Monitor appliance health.
- Update appliance software.
- Perform maintenance tasks on the appliance.
- Reconfigure the appliance.
- Describe pre-configuration tasks for deployment and configuration of a NetBackup Virtual Appliance.
- Cluster NetBackup 53xx appliances.
- NetBackup Appliances: Introduction
- Configuring the Appliance
- Performing Appliance Operations
- Appliance Troubleshooting and Tools
- Monitoring Appliance Health
- Updating Appliance Software
- Performing Appliance Maintenance Tasks
- Reconfiguring the Appliance
- Working with Copilot
- Working with Virtual Appliances
- Clustering NetBackup 53xx Appliances
- NetBackup 5250 Appliance
- NetBackup 5350 Appliance