Veritas NetBackup 8.0: Maintenance and Troubleshooting (NBMT)
Who should attend
This course is for NetBackup administrators, operators, system engineers, and technical support personnel who want to broaden their NetBackup advanced troubleshooting knowledge and skills on a Windows or UNIX platform.
Before attending this course, you must have:
- One year of NetBackup administration on Windows or UNIX
- Two years experience as a system administrator, including networking, on the Windows or UNIX operating system
- Familiarity with backup and restore concepts and SAN concepts
The NetBackup 8.0: Maintenance and Troubleshooting course provides the IT professional with instruction on troubleshooting Veritas NetBackup software. This course covers general error detection tools and troubleshooting methodologies. Students practice solving problems related to the NetBackup database, devices, media, disk, deduplication, and networking. In addition, students study the functions of key NetBackup processes and how to enable, view, and manage the associated logs.
By the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Detect problems using tools such as the NetBackup reports, NBSU, and administrative commands.
- Correct problems and verify these corrections.
- Understand the functions of services, daemons, and processes that drive NetBackup operations.
- Back up, recover, and troubleshoot the NetBackup catalog, including the NBDB database.
- Rapidly and accurately isolate the root cause of a backup failure.
- Troubleshoot a wide variety of tape device, media, disk, deduplication, and communication-related problems.
- Enable and use legacy, unified, and robust logging to troubleshoot problems.
- Run backups and restores with a higher rate of success and efficiency.
- Troubleshoot important features such as VMWare and Hyper-V backups and Storage Lifecycle policies (SLP).
- Troubleshooting Methods and Tools
- NetBackup Process Flow
- Troubleshooting Communication Issues
- Troubleshooting Tape Devices and Media
- Troubleshooting Disk Backups Resources
- Troubleshooting NetBackup Deduplication
- Additional Backup and Restore Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Storage Lifecycle Policies
- Debug Logging
- Introduction to Log Analysis
- Understanding the NetBackup Catalog
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Enquire a date