Cloud Automation Using Contrail (CAC)
This five-day course is designed to provide students with the knowledge required to work with the Juniper Contrail software-defined networking (SDN) solution. Students will gain in-depth knowledge of how to use the Contrail Command user interface, Contrail Networking, Contrail’s fabric management and administration features, and Contrail Security, as well as AppFormix analytics features. Students will also learn to use APIs and the CLI to perform the Contrail configuration tasks. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience with the features of Contrail and AppFormix. This course is based on Contrail Release 1912 and AppFormix 2.19.10.
Who should attend
This course benefits individuals responsible for working with software-defined networking solutions in data center, service provider, and enterprise network environments.
This course is part of the following Certifications:
The prerequisites for this course are as follows:
- Basic TCP/IP skills;
- General understanding of data center virtualization;
- Basic understanding of the Junos operating system;
- Completion of the Advanced Data Center Switching (ADCX) course or equivalent knowledge; and
- Completion of the !JP-JCF course; and
- Basic knowledge of object-oriented programming and Python scripting is recommended.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Explain the role of Contrail SDN Controller.
- List available Contrail solutions.
- Describe the purpose of an orchestrator.
- Describe the basics of Kubernetes.
- Identify the function of each of the main OpenStack Projects.
- Describe the purpose of Contrail.
- Explain how the versions of Contrail differ.
- Discuss Contrail related solutions.
- Describe the functions of the Contrail vRouter and Contrail Controller.
- Explain the role of the control, configuration, and analytic nodes.
- Configure and deploy virtual DNS and IPAMs.
- Create virtual networks.
- Create policies to control the flow of traffic.
- Explain the routing behavior of an IP Fabric
- Describe the steps to onboard a Brownfield IP Fabric.
- Describe the steps to onboard a Greenfield IP Fabric.
- Describe the various commands to troubleshoot the onboarding of an IP Fabric.
- Explain the benefits of VXLAN in the data center.
- Describe EVPN signaling for VXLAN.
- Describe how CEM can bridge between a VM and a BMS.
- Implement bridging between VMs and BMSs using VXLAN and EVPN signaling.
- Describe EVPN signaling for VXLAN routing in the Spine.
- Describe how to enable central routing using CEM.
- Describe EVPN signaling for DCI.
- Describe how to enable DCI using CEM.
- Create physical gateways.
- Describe architecture and capabilities of Contrail Security.
- Configure main Contrail Security features.
- Explain the benefits of AppFormix.
- Explain the operation and use of AppFormix.
- Explain how to setup and install AppFormix in different environments.
- Explain the purpose and use of the different AppFormix features.
- Understand the purpose of the Clusters feature.
- Describe how to use the dashboard to examine the state of the network.
- Understand the purpose and use of the Charts feature.
- Explain the benefits of capacity planning.
- Explain how to setup the chargeback functionality.
- Explain how to use AppFormix charts.
- Explain how to use AppFormix heat maps.
- Describe the benefits of reports and service monitoring functionalities.
- Explain the purpose and use of AppFormix alarms.
- Explain the purpose and use of AppFormix Composite Alarms.
- Explain the purpose of JTI.
- Discuss native sensors.
- Explain OpenConfig and gRPC sensors.
- Describe best practices for JTI.
- Explain how to use JTI with AppFormix.
- Course Introduction
- SDN and Contrail
- Orchestration Fundamentals
- Contrail Architecture Fundamentals
- Contrail Configuration
- IP Fabric Automation
- VM to BMS Bridging
- VXLAN Routing
- Data Center Interconnect
- Interacting with External Networks
- Fabric Administration
- Contrail Security
- AppFormix Overview
- Alarms and Composite Alarms
- Junos Telemetry Interface
Derzeit gibt es keine Trainingstermine für diesen Kurs.