- Upcoming Schedule
- Guaranteed to Run Schedule
- New Courses
- Talent Programs»
- iTLS IT Workshops»
- Featured Vendors
- Amazon Web Services»
- Check Point
- Ethical Hacking
- Google Cloud»
- Palo Alto Networks»
- Additional Vendors»
- Featured Topics/Technologies
- Cloud Computing»
- Cyber Security»
- Data Center»
- Internet of Things (IoT)»
- Kubernetes / Container»
- Network Analysis / Wireshark»
- Software Development»
- Wireless & Mobility»
Other NetApp Certifications
NetApp Certified Implementation Engineer – SAN Specialist, ONTAP (NCIE SAN CDOT)
You have proven skills planning, implementing, integrating, and troubleshooting ONTAP SAN, FC switched fabrics and Ethernet iSCSI/FCoE solutions, and different operating systems (Windows, LINUX, ESX, UNIX) and applications.
NCIE—SAN Specialist, ONTAP logos and certificates will be granted to those individuals who successfully obtain NetApp Certified Data Administrator, ONTAP (NCDA ONTAP) certification, then pass the NetApp Certified Implementation Engineer—SAN (NS0-519) exam.
We recommend that NetApp Certified Implementation Engineer–SAN, ONTAP candidates have six to 12 months of experience in planning, implementing, and validating end-to-end SAN solutions for customers in FC and iSCSI environments. Experience in SAN implementation within virtualized environments and within clustered environments is highly recommended.
NCIE-SAN Specialist, ONTAP candidates must first achieve the NetApp Certified Data Administrator (NCDA) certification.
Recommended training for this certification
- SAN Fundamentals on Data ONTAP (WBT)
- SAN Design (WBT)
- SAN Implementation – Switch Configuration (WBT)
- NetApp Unified Connect Technical Overview and Implementation (WBT)
- Data ONTAP SAN Implementation (SANIMP)
NS0-519 NetApp Certified Implementation Engineer—SAN Specialist, ONTAP
The NS0-519 exam includes 60 test questions, with an allotted time of 1-1/2 hours to complete. In countries where English is not the native language, candidates for whom English is not their first language will be granted a 30-minute extension to the allotted examination completion time.
The NCIE-SAN, ONTAP (NS0-519) exam includes the following topics:
ONTAP® SAN solution assessment
- Identify that all prerequisites for the installation of NetApp® system, hosts, and FCP/FCoE switches are verified.
- Identify a detailed inventory of SAN components
- Describe the solution design and the hardware provisioned to meet customer’s requirements and expectations.
ONTAP SAN planning
- Identify environmental and physical considerations
- Describe storage controller configuration concepts
- Describe switch configuration concepts
- Describe host configuration concepts
- Describe storage space utilization or management concepts
ONTAP SAN implementation and configuration
- Demonstrate knowledge of clustered storage system node configuration tasks
- Demonstrate knowledge of SVM configuration tasks
- Demonstrate knowledge of clustered storage system FCP or NVMe configuration tasks
- Demonstrate knowledge of clustered storage system iSCSI configuration tasks
- Describe how to configure switches
- Describe how to configure host systems
- Demonstrate knowledge of storage space utilization or management concepts
ONTAP SAN implementation testing and troubleshooting
- Demonstrate knowledge of testing tasks
- Demonstrate knowledge of troubleshooting tasks