Oracle VM Server for x86: Administration (D85765)
The Oracle VM Server for x86: Administration course explores building the infrastructure for open cloud computing. Expert Oracle University instructors will show you how to support enterprise applications by deploying pooled server resources to create virtual machines.
- Plan a virtual solution.
- Install the Oracle VM Server for x86 and the Oracle VM Manager software.
- Configure network resources to provide isolation and redundancy.
- Add SAN and NFS to provision storage for the virtual environment.
- Create server pools and repositories to support application workloads.
- Speed up virtual machine deployment with templates and virtual appliances.
- Use virtual machine high availability.
- Use server pool policies to maximize the performance of your server workloads.
Benefits to You:
Using the Oracle VM application-driven architecture is different from using traditional virtualization. Built with the application stack and manageability in mind, Oracle VM offers a complete lifecycle compute stack virtualization. This course delivers the skill to help you consolidate the server foot print, while acquiring the tools to deploy or consolidate application workloads to a virtualized environment or migrate to a open cloud infrastructure.
Learn Ease of Deployment and Management
Built to support all different workloads, with a specific emphasis on ease of deployment and management of Oracle applications, you'll also learn to create server pools to take advantage of your existing storage and networking infrastructure. This will seamlessly manage storage from a central location using Oracle VM Storage Connect. Using features like anti-affinity groups and Dynamic Resource Scheduling policy, you'll implement and manage the inter-connections between the virtual machines running your multi-tier enterprise applications.
Gain Hands-On Experience
Extensive hands-on practices will guide you through each step for building your virtual environment. With the skills acquired during these exercises, you can scale your virtual environment to support the most demanding workloads.
Who should attend
- Web Administrator
- System Administrator
- Support Engineer
- Technical Administrator
- Ability to administer a Linux environment and implement a virtual infrastructure using any virtualization platform
- Familiarity with Networking principles
- Familiarity with Link aggregation and VLAN technologies
- Familiarity with Storage concepts: iSCSI, NFS, FC
- Familiarity with Thin provisioning
- Use cloning with templates to create additional virtual entities
- Install the Oracle VM Server for x86 and the Oracle VM Manager
- Exercise high availability, live migration and anti-affinity policy
- Explore and use the Oracle VM Manager UI and CLI
- Discover and manage Oracle VM servers
- Add networks and storage to support the Oracle VM environment
- Create and manage server pools
- Create and populate repositories with virtual resources
- Perform the steps to create and operate virtual machines
- Introducing Oracle VM with Oracle VM Server for x86
- Planning and Installation
- Managing Servers and Networks
- Managing Storage
- Server Pools and Repositories
- Managing Virtual Machines
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Enquire a date