Acquire the skills to make your data protection strategy successful with the Veritas NetBackup 10.0: Administration course. You will learn the general principles, configuration, and management of NetBackup, including how to best utilize the NetBackup tools and interfaces, effectively monitor backup and restore operations, and ensure that the data recovery objectives are met.
Who should attend
This course is intended for technical professionals responsible for the design, configuration, operation, monitoring, or support of NetBackup.
Students should be familiar with general network and storage concepts, and the administration and configuration of Windows or Linux operating systems. Knowledge of virtualization and cloud technologies is useful.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the functions of the Primary server, Media servers, and clients.
- Describe how NetBackup backs up and restores data.
- Use the NetBackup Administration Console, Web User Interface, and OpsCenter.
- Configure and manage NetBackup security certificates.
- Configure, manage, and Monitor BasicDisk and AdvancedDisk storage units and storage unit groups.
- Configure file system backup policies and schedules.
- Perform manual backups and user-directed backups.
- Restore files using the Java or Windows BAR interface and OpsCenter Operational Restore.
- Provision storage and configure MSDP.
- Manage NetBackup cloud backups and cloud storage.
- Optimize file system backups with NetBackup Accelerator.
- Backup, restore, and protect virtual environments like VMware.
- Configure Storage Lifecycle Policies (SLPs) and initiate jobs that use SLPs.
- Protect and manage the NetBackup catalog.
- Configure NetBackup WORM protection.
- Optimize NetBackup for performance.
- Generate NetBackup reports in NetBackup, OpsCenter, and NetBackup IT Analytics.
- Initiate NetBackup upgrades using VxUpdate.
- Identify and use resources for troubleshooting NetBackup.
- Introducing NetBackup
- Working with the NetBackup Web UI
- Performing NetBackup Certificate Administration
- Configuring Basic and Advanced Disk Storage
- Configuring NetBackup Policies and Schedules
- Protecting File Systems
- Configuring Media Server Deduplication
- Configuring Cloud Storage
- Optimizing Filesystem Backups
- Protecting VMware Environments
- Recovering VMware Environments
- Duplicating and Replicating Backups
- Protecting the NetBackup Catalog
- Mitigating Impact of Ransomware
- Generating NetBackup Reports
- Upgrading and Updating NetBackup
- Collecting Logs and Diagnostic Information
- Appendix A: Protecting NAS Data
- Appendix B: Configuring and Managing Tape Storage
- Appendix C: Performing Instant Recovery