SAFe® Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
SAFe® Lean Portfolio Management is an interactive course that includes an optional one-day “Getting Started with LPM” workshop. In this course, attendees will gain the practical tools and techniques necessary to implement the Lean Portfolio Management functions of Strategy and Investment Funding, Agile Portfolio Operations, and Lean Governance.
Participants in the course will have the opportunity to capture the current and future state of their portfolio with the Portfolio Canvas tool and identify important business initiatives for achieving the portfolio vision. Participants will be able to establish portfolio flow with the Portfolio Kanban and prioritize epics for maximum economic benefit. The course also provides insights on how to establish Value Stream Budgets and Lean Budget Guardrails and measure the Lean portfolio performance.
Who should attend
CEO, Program or Project Manager, Release Train Engineer, Business Owner, Solution Manager, Agile Coach, SAFe Program Consultant, Portfolio Manager, CTO, Consultant, Director, Product Manager, Program Manager, Enterprise Architect, RTE
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following recommendations will make the training more significantly more productive.
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Attended Leading SAFe or SAFe PO/PM course
- Experience working in a SAFe environment
To perform the role of a Lean Portfolio Manager, attendees should be able to:
- Describe Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Connect the portfolio to enterprise strategy
- Establish the Portfolio Vision
- Implement Lean Budgeting and Guardrails
- Establish flow with the Portfolio Kanban
- Support operational excellence with an Agile Program Management Office (PMO) and Communities of Practice (CoPs)
- Coordinate Value Streams
- Measure LPM performance
- Build a plan for LPM implementation
- Introducing Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Establishing Strategy and Investment Funding
- Applying Agile Portfolio Operations
- Applying Lean Governance
- Implementing the LPM function
What Attendees Get
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Course certificate of completion
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® LPM certification exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- One certification exam attempt
Completion of this course gives you access to the exam and all related study materials as part of your Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform.
The first step toward becoming an Certified SAFe® Lean Portfolio Manager is to attend the Lean Portfolio Management course. This is a requirement, because attending the course provides access to all the study materials and the exam. Note that attending the course does not guarantee passing the exam.
- Exam name:
- SAFe® 4 Lean Portfolio Manager Exam
- SAFe® 5 Lean Portfolio Manager Exam (5.0)
- SAFe® 5 Lean Portfolio Manager Exam (5.0.1 and 5.1)
- Exam format – Multiple choice; Multiple select
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Lean Portfolio Management course
- Exam duration:
- SAFe® 4 Lean Portfolio Manager Exam – Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2.0 hours) to complete the exam
- SAFe® 5 Lean Portfolio Manager Exam (5.0) – Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2.0 hours) to complete the exam
- SAFe® 5 Lean Portfolio Manager Exam (5.0.1 and 5.1) – Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions:
- SAFe® 4 Lean Portfolio Manager Exam – 60 questions
- SAFe® 5 Lean Portfolio Manager Exam (5.0) – 60 questions
- SAFe® 5 Lean Portfolio Manager Exam (5.0.1 and 5.1) – 45 questions
- Passing score:
- SAFe® 4 Lean Portfolio Manager Exam – 42 out of 60 (70%)
- SAFe® 5 Lean Portfolio Manager Exam (5.0) – 42 out of 60 (70%)
- SAFe® 5 Lean Portfolio Manager Exam (5.0.1 and 5.1) – 32 out of 45 (71%)
- Language – English
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs US$ 50.-.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
Currently no local training dates available. For enquiries please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.