- Upcoming Schedule
- Guaranteed to Run Schedule
- New Courses
- iTLS LIVE E-Learning
- Digital Learning Solutions
- iTLS Academy»
- Hack Academy
- iTLS IT Workshops»
- Featured Vendors
- Amazon Web Services»
- Ethical Hacking
- Google Cloud»
- Palo Alto Networks»
- Additional Vendors»
- IT & Project Management»
- Scaled Agile»
- Featured Topics/Technologies
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)»
- Cloud Computing»
- Cyber Security»
- Data Center»
- Internet of Things (IoT)»
- Network Analysis / Wireshark»
- Software Development»
- Wireless & Mobility»
Red Hat Certified Specialist in Identity Management Exam
The Red Hat Certified Specialist in Identity Management exam (EX362) tests your knowledge, skills, and ability to create, configure, and manage Red Hat® Enterprise Linux authentication services and integrate those services with a variety of Red Hat and non-Red Hat products and technologies.
By passing this exam, you become a Red Hat Certified Specialist in Identity Management, which also counts toward becoming a Red Hat® Certified Architect (RHCA®).
This exam is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, Red Hat Satellite Server 6, Red Hat Ansible Tower 2, and Microsoft Windows 10 Active Directory.
Note on the exam:
Cancelations of the purchase: Cancelation of individual exam sessions is not allowed. Exam session fees are nonrefundable. Non-Cancelable components: No part of any Bundles that includes both non-cancelable and cancelable components may be canceled.
Who should attend
These audiences may be interested in becoming a Red Hat Certified Specialist in Directory Services and Authentication:
- Any Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) who wishes to become a Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA).
- System administrators who want to demonstrate the ability to configure authentication services and link other products to those services.
- Be a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or have comparable work experience and skills (Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification recommended)
- Take the course or have comparable work experience
- Take Automation with Ansible II: Ansible Tower (DO409)
- Review the Red Hat Certified Specialist in Directory Services and Authentication exam objectives
- While not required, experience with these products is also recommended:
- Red Hat Satellite Server 6.3
- Red Hat Ansible Tower
- Microsoft Active Directory Server 2016
Red Hat encourages all candidates for the Red Hat Certified Specialist in Identity Management credential to consider taking Red Hat Security: Identity Management and Active Directory Integration (RH362) to help prepare. Attendance in these classes is not required; students can choose to take just the exam.
While attending Red Hat classes can be an important part of one's preparation to take this exam, attending class does not guarantee success on the exam. Previous experience, practice, and native aptitude are also important determinants of success.
Many books and other resources on system administration for Red Hat's products are available. Red Hat does not officially endorse any as preparation guides for this exam. Nevertheless, you may find additional reading deepens understanding and can prove helpful.
To help you prepare, these exam objectives highlight the task areas you can expect to see covered in the exam. Red Hat reserves the right to add, modify, and remove exam objectives. Such changes will be made public in advance.
You should be able to perform these tasks:
- Install Red Hat Identity Management (IdM) in a scalable, fault-tolerant environment
- Create users/groups/policies
- Install and configure IdM clients
- Configure roaming/automounted home directories
- Use REST apis to query IdM
- Configure Kerberized services
- Create trust relationships with Active Directory
- Configure/control policies and user access
- Configure and manage a certificate authority
- Back up an IdM infrastructure
- Configure IdM as LDAP backend for external services such as Red Hat Satellite Server or Red Hat Ansible Tower
- Implement a SSO
As with all Red Hat performance-based exams, configurations must persist after reboot without intervention.
This exam is a performance-based evaluation of skills and knowledge required to configure and manage Red Hat directory services. You perform the configuration and administrative tasks necessary to deploy Red Hat directory services and configure other products to use those services, and you are evaluated on whether they have met specific objective criteria. Performance-based testing means that candidates must perform tasks similar to what they perform on the job.
Scores and reporting
Official scores for exams come exclusively from Red Hat Certification Central. Red Hat does not authorize examiners or training partners to report results to candidates directly. Scores on the exam are usually reported within 3 US business days.
Exam results are reported as total scores. Red Hat does not report performance on individual items, nor will it provide additional information upon request.
Individual Exam KIOSK
Price (excl. tax)
- 515.— €
Subscription duration: 365 days