Data Center Fabric with EVPN and VXLAN (ADCX)
Who should attend
This course benefits individuals responsible for configuring and monitoring switching features that exist on the Junos OS running on the QFX5k and MX Series platforms, including individuals in professional services, sales and support organizations, and the end users.
This course is part of the following Certifications:
The following are the prerequisites for this course:
- Understanding of the OSI model;
- Junos OS configuration experience—the course or equivalent;
- Advanced routing knowledge—the course or equivalent; and
- Intermediate switching knowledge—the !Data Center Switching (DCX) courses or equivalent. and
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the benefits and challenges of the traditional multitier architecture .
- Describe the new networking requirements in a data center.
- Describe the various data center fabric architectures.
- Explain routing in an IP Fabric.
- Describe how to scale an IP Fabric.
- Configure an EBGP-based IP Fabric.
- Explain why you would use VXLAN in your data center.
- Describe the control and data plane of VXLAN in a controller-less overlay.
- Describe how to configure and monitor VXLAN when using multicast signaling.
- Describe the benefits of using EVPN signaling for VXLAN.
- Describe the operation of the EVPN protocol.
- Configure and monitor EVPN signaling for VXLAN.
- Define the term Data Center Interconnect.
- Describe the control and data plane of an MPLS VPN.
- Describe the DCI options when using a VXLAN overlay with EVPN signaling.
This two-day course is designed to introduce various QFX5k and MX/vMX features including, but not limited to, IP Fabric, Virtual eXtensible Local Area Network (VXLAN) Layer 2 and Layer 3 Gateways, VXLAN with Ethernet VPN (EVPN) signaling, and Data Center Interconnect (DCI) for a VXLAN overlay. Students will learn to configure and monitor these features that exist on the Junos operating system running on the QFX5100 and vMX Series platform. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience configuring, monitoring, and analyzing the above features of the Junos OS. This course is based on Junos OS Release 14.1X53.
Duration 5 days
Price (excl. tax)
- Austria: US$ 4,750.—
- Coffee, Tea, Juice, Water, Soft drinks
- Pastry and Sweets
- Fresh fruits
- Lunch in a nearby restaurant
* Catering information only valid for courses delivered by iTLS.