Junos Class of Service (JCOS)
Who should attend
This course benefits individuals responsible for configuring and monitoring devices running the Junos OS, especially those in a service provider environment. It also benefits individuals responsible for designing networks containing devices running the Junos OS.
Students should attend the Introduction to the !Junos Routing Essentials (JRE) course, and the course, or have equivalent experience prior to attending this class. General knowledge of CoS concepts is also helpful.course, the
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Understand the history and evolution of CoS.
- Identify the CoS fields in various packet headers.
- List the CoS processing stages on devices running the Junos OS.
- Identify the default CoS settings on devices running the Junos OS.
- Configure and verify behavior aggregate (BA) and multifield (MF) classification.
- Configure and verify two-color and tricolor marking policers.
- Configure and verify schedulers and their components.
- Configure and verify the multiple levels of hierarchical schedulers.
- Configure and verify packet header rewriting.
- Configure and verify class-based forwarding.
- Create a CoS configuration based on a set of design requirements.
This two-day course provides students with advanced class-of-service (CoS) knowledge and configuration examples. The course begins with an overview of CoS before going into classification, policing, scheduling, and rewriting. The course then covers class-based forwarding and finishes with a case study. This course has been updated to Revision 12.a. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience in configuring and verifying Junos CoS features.
Duration 2 days
Price (excl. tax)
- Austria: 1,500.— €
- Germany: 1,500.— €
- Switzerland: CHF 1,800.—
- Coffee, Tea, Juice, Water, Soft drinks
- Pastry and Sweets
- Fresh fruits
- Lunch in a nearby restaurant
* Catering information only valid for courses delivered by iTLS.
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course.