Junos Mobile Backhaul (JMBH)
This two-day intermediate-level course is designed to introduce the Junos mobile backhaul features, including—but not limited to—timing, Synchronous Ethernet (SyncE), IEEE 1588v2 (Precision Timing Protocol), Circuit Emulation Service over Packet-Switched Network (CESoPSN), Structure-Agnostic Time Division Multiplexing (TDM) over Packet (SAToP), Class of Service (CoS), and transport over MPLS VPNs. Students will learn to configure and monitor backhaul features that exist on the Junos operating system running on the ACX Series and MX Series platforms. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience configuring, monitoring, and analyzing mobile backhaul functions of the Junos OS. This course is based on Junos OS Release 12.3.
Who should attend
This course benefits individuals responsible for configuring and monitoring mobile backhaul features that exist on the Junos OS running on the ACX Series and MX Series platforms, including individuals in professional services, sales and support organizations, and end users.
- Understanding of the Open Systems Interconnection model;
- Junos OS configuration experience—the Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS) course or equivalent;
- Intermediate routing knowledge—the Junos Routing Essentials (JRE) course or equivalent;
- Intermediate MPLS VPN knowledge—the Junos MPLS and VPNs (JMV) course or equivalent; and
- Advanced Class of Service knowledge—the Junos Class of Service (JCOS) course or equivalent.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe how backhaul circuits are used in a mobile service provider network.
- Describe the need for timing in a packet-switched network.
- Describe the terminology used in timing.
- Describe the timing functions available on ACX Series and MX Series devices.
- Describe an overview of Synchronous Ethernet.
- Describe the functionality of the Synchronous Ethernet protocol.
- Describe how to configure and monitor Synchronous Ethernet on ACX Series and MX Series devices.
- Describe the functionality of the Precision Timing Protocol (PTP).
- Describe how to configure and monitor PTP on ACX Series and MX Series devices.
- Describe the types of legacy circuits used in legacy 2G and 3G networks.
- Describe some of the options available to backhaul the legacy circuits.
- Configure and monitor CESoPSN and SAToP.
- Describe the types of circuits used in an HSPA network.
- Describe some of the options available to backhaul the HSPA circuits.
- Configure and monitor a Layer 2 to Layer 3 VPN termination.
- Describe the types of interfaces used in an LTE network.
- Describe some of the options available to backhaul LTE interfaces.
- Configure and monitor a Layer 3 VPN for the purpose of backhauling LTE interfaces.
- Describe the need for class of service in a backhaul network.
- Configure and monitor CoS in a backhaul network.
Duration 2 days
Price (excl. tax)
- 1,800.- €
1 hour difference
Time zone: Moscow Time (MSK)
2 hours difference
Time zone: Moscow Time (MSK)