Junos Space Essentials (JSE)
This three-day course is designed to provide students with the knowledge required to manage the Junos Space appliance and manage devices with Junos Space. Students will understand how to install Junos Space into a multinode Space Fabric, as well as learn how to administer and monitor the Fabric. Centralized Junos device management options offered by the Junos Space Network Management Platform will be explored, including configuration backup, synchronization, Junos image distribution, and application of templates. Students will also learn how to use Junos Space applications, such as Service Now and Service Insight.
Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience installing Junos Space into a multinode Space Fabric, navigating the administrative environment, monitoring the Fabric, performing schema updates, and using Junos Space applications. This course uses the Junos Space virtual appliance for the hands-on component and is based on Junos Space Release 17.1R1.7.
Who should attend
This course benefits individuals responsible for managing Junos devices using the Junos Space software.
Students should have experience with the Junos operating system, including device management, administration, and monitoring. Students should also attend thecourse prior to attending this class.
- Explain the need for Junos Space software.
- Explain Junos Space architecture.
- List and identify the components and applications of Junos Space.
- List the two different form factors available for Junos Space.
- Perform the initial installation of a Junos Space appliance.
- Explain how security is provided to Junos Space.
- Explain how to use the Junos Space GUI.
- Describe how Junos Space manages jobs.
- Demonstrate user role differences within Junos Space.
- Explain how to manage the Junos Space platform.
- Describe how Junos Space discovers and manages devices.
- Edit device configurations.
- List the purposes of network monitoring.
- Work with the monitoring topology section and manage nodes.
- Manage outages.
- Describe the differences between Template Definitions and Templates.
- Create and use templates and template definitions.
- Create Quick Templates.
- Create and deploy CLI Configlets.
- Describe Automated Support and Prevention (ASAP) benefits.
- Explain Service Now application processes.
- Describe the Service Insight platform settings.
- Describe multinode Junos Space deployment
- Describe the reports function.
- Explain the purpose of report definitions.
- Describe how to generate reports.
- Introduction to Junos Space
- Junos Space Deployment
- Platform Administration
- Device Management
- Junos Space Fabric Deployment
- Junos Space Templates
- Network Monitoring
- Automated Support and Prevention
Duration 3 days
Price (excl. tax)
- Austria: 2,700.— €
- Germany: 2,700.— €
- Switzerland: CHF 2,700.—
- Coffee, Tea, Juice, Water, Soft drinks
- Pastry and Sweets
- Fresh fruits
- Lunch in a nearby restaurant
* Catering information only valid for courses delivered by iTLS.