Oracle Database 11g: Managing Oracle on Linux for DBAs (D55650)
This Database 11g: Managing Oracle on Linux course is designed to give the Database Administrator a firm understanding of the components required to successfully deploy an Oracle 11g database on Oracle Enterprise Linux.
- Configure and verify the Linux operating system for optimal performance with an Oracle Database.
- Tune the database to take advantage of the Linux operating system.
- Learn administrative tasks related to the database like file system choices, kernel and memory model selection, automated startup and shutdown scripts, and customizing the database for Linux.
- Optimize the Linux environment for Oracle Database.
- Discover Linux tips and tricks.
- Prepare and update a Linux 64-bit system for an Oracle Database silent installation.
Benefits To You
Lectures are reinforced with hands-on practices designed to walk the student through the entire installation, tuning, configuration and troubleshooting process.
This course is based on Oracle Database 11g Release 1.
Who should attend
- Database Administrators
- Support Engineer
- Technical Consultant
- Technical Administrator
- Basic knowledge of Linux or Unix operating systems.
- Hands-on experience administering Oracle Database 10g or 11g.
- Identify the different kernels available for Linux
- View installed packages on a Linux system
- Prepare and update a system for an Oracle Database installation
- Identify and implement the best storage options for an Oracle database
- Customize the database to take advantage of Linux features
- Optimize Linux for running an Oracle database
- Use Linux commands and techniques to automate and streamline DBA tasks
- Troubleshoot database errors specific to the Linux OS
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course.