Java SE7 Fundamentals (D67234)
This Java SE 7 Fundamentals training teaches students with little or no programming experience to begin to learn programming using the Java programming language. It explores the significance of object-oriented programming, the keywords and constructs of the Java programming language and the steps required to create simple Java technology programs.
- Use various Java programming language constructs to create several Java technology applications.
- Use decision and looping constructs and methods to dictate program flow.
- Perform basic error handling for your Java technology programs.
- Implement intermediate Java programming and object-oriented (OO) concepts in Java technology programs.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Java technology and the Java programming language.
Benefits to You
By investing in this course, you'll develop a solid foundation in the Java programming language upon which to base continued work and training. It features the Java Platform, Standard Edition 7 (Java SE 7), and uses the Java SE Development Kit 7 (JDK 7) product.
Participate in Hands-On Exercises
You'll gain hands on experience with basic object oriented concepts like inheritance, encapsulation and abstraction. Learn to create and use simple Java classes containing arrays, loops and conditional constructs.
Dive into Real World Applications
You'll also learn how to use and manipulate object references, as well as write simple error handling code. This course helps you develop a solid understanding of what the Java SE7 platform is and how it's used in real world applications.
Who should attend
- Application Developers
- System Administrator
- Project Manager
- Technical Consultant
- Portal Developer
- Technical Administrator
- Web Administrator
- Develop classes and describe how to declare a class
- Analyze a business problem in order to recognize objects and operations that form the building blocks of the Java program design
- Define the term
- Demonstrate Java programming syntax
- Write a simple Java program that compiles and runs successfully
- Declare and initialize variables
- List several primitive data types
- Instantiate an object and effectively use object reference variables
- Use operators, loops, and decision constructs
- Declare and instantiate Arrays and ArrayLists and be able to iterate through them
- Describe the benefits of using an Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
- List and describe several key features of the Java technology
- Declare a method with arguments and return values
- Use inheritance to declare and define a subclass of an existing superclass
- Describe how errors are handled in a Java program
- Describe examples of how Java is used in applications, as well as consumer products
- Introducing the Java Technology
- Thinking in Objects
- Introducing the Java Language
- Working with Primitive Variables
- Working with Objects
- Using operators and decision constructs
- Creating and Using Arrays
- Using Loop Constructs
- Working with Methods and Method Overloading
- Using Encapsulation and Constructors
- Introducing Advanced Object Oriented Concepts
- Handling Errors
- The Big Picture
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course.