Oracle Database 12c: Clusterware & ASM Admin Accelerated (D87471)
Oracle Database 12c: Clusterware & ASM Admin Accelerated training covers 6 days worth of content in only 5 days. It starts with the Oracle Database 12c: Clusterware Admin Ed 1 course (4 days) and then covers the Oracle Database 12c: ASM Administration course (2 days). Learn about Oracle Clusterware and ASM architectures and how these products work together.
- Perform Grid Infrastructure pre-installation tasks.
- Install both Standard and Flex clusters.
- Add and remove nodes from a cluster in addition to upgrading and patching existing Grid Homes.
- Manage and administer both Standard Clusters and Policy-Managed Clusters.
- Use Oracle Clusterware to make applications highly available.
- Administer ASM files, directories, templates, and disk groups.
- Manage and administer Oracle Cloud File System and its components.
- Configure and manage advanced CloudFS features like ACFS Auditing and Encryption, ACFS Replication and High Availability NFS.
Benefits to You
Ensure fast, reliable, secure and easy to manage performance. Optimize database workloads, lower IT costs and deliver a higher quality of service by enabling consolidation onto database clouds by learning about the Oracle Database 12c Grid Infrastructure, specifically about Oracle Cluster and Oracle ASM.
Who should attend
- Database Administrators
- Support Engineer
- Technical Consultant
- Technical Administrator
Working knowledge of Oracle Database 11g: Release 2, including Clusterware, ASM and RAC
- Understand Flex Clusters architecture and components
- Understand effect of node failure in Flex Clusters
- Understand the scope and capabilities of what-if command evaluation
- Perform the different types of what-if command evaluation
- Install Grid Infrastructure for Standard and Flex clusters
- Verify the installation
- Configure ASM disk groups
- Perform the prerequisite steps for extending a cluster
- Describe the components of ASM
- Explain and apply Automatic Storage Management (ASM) initialization parameters
- Manage ASM instances and associated processes
- Understand Flex ASM architecture and components
- Understand ASM Deployment Alternatives
- Install and configure Flex ASM
- Create and delete Automatic Storage Management (ASM) disk groups
- Describe the Automatic Storage Management (ASM) architecture
- Introduction to Grid Infrastructure
- Oracle Clusterware Architecture
- Flex Cluster Architecture
- Grid Infrastructure Pre-Installation Tasks
- Installing Grid Infrastructure
- Managing Cluster Nodes
- Traditional Clusterware Management
- Policy-Based Cluster Management
- Patching Grid Infrastructure
- Troubleshooting Oracle Clusterware
- Making Applications Highly Available
- Oracle ASM Overview
- Oracle ASM Instance Administration
- Flex ASM
- Administering ASM Disk Groups
- Administering ASM Files, Directories, and Templates
- Administering Oracle Cloud File System
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Enquire a date