Oracle GoldenGate 12c: Integrate Big Data (D97784)
The course shows how to integrate more traditional relational databases with the current wave of new technologies such as Big Data (in particular, Hadoop) and the NoSQL databases MongoDB and Cassandra.
Hadoop is defined as an "Ecosystem" consisting of many components and technologies. The course covers several of the most important Hadoop components, such HDFS, HBase, Flume and Kafka. Students have access to a lab environment where they can configure data replication from an Oracle RDBMS (relational database management system) to the Hadoop system using the various Hadoop technologies, therefore validating in practice what learned at a more theoretical level from the instructor and the slides.
The NoSQL databases MongoDB and Cassandra are also extensively covered by the course. Again, lab practices are designed to give students a practical exposure to the concepts introduced by the instructor.
Other technologies explained in the course are the Generic JDBC Handler, which allows for integration with all systems accessible through a JDBC driver (like spreadsheets and flat files)and Pluggable Formatters, which allow for information stored in the Oracle GoldenGate trail files to be sent to Hadoop or NoSQL databases using the Oracle GoldenGate 12c Data Handlers.
Who should attend
- Database Administrators
- Database Designers
- System Integrator
- Data Warehouse Analyst
- Technical Consultant
- Data Warehouse Developer
- Configuration Consultant
- Data Warehouse Administrator
- Students should be familiar with the Oracle GoldenGate 12c product
- While not required, a generic knowledge of SQL would help.
- Oracle GoldenGate 12c: Fundamentals for Oracle (D84357)
- Oracle GoldenGate for Big Data 12c: Product Overview
- Configuring and Using the Hadoop HDFS Handler
- Configuring and Using the Hadoop HBase Handler
- Configuring and Using the Apache Flume Handler
- Configuring and Using the Apache Kafka Handler
- Configuring and Using the Cassandra Handler
- Configuring and Using the MongoDB Handler
- Configuring and Using the Generic JDBC Handler
- Configuring and Using Pluggable Formatters and the Metadata Provider
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course.