Red Hat OpenShift Development II: Containerizing Applications with Exam (EX288) (DO289)
Red Hat® OpenShift Container Platform provides developers an enterprise-ready solution for developing and deploying containerized software applications. Red Hat OpenShift Development I: Containerizing Applications provides hands-on training to boost developer productivity powered by Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
This course is based on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.6 and includes Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Application Development Exam (EX288).
Who should attend
- Software developers interested in adopting containers as a preferred method for deploying applications
- Software architects interested in adopting containers as a preferred method for deploying applications
This course is part of the following Certifications:
Red Hat recommends these prerequisites:
- Have completed the Red Hat OpenShift I: Containers & Kubernetes (DO180), or have equivalent knowledge
- Being a Red Hat Certified System Administrator or having earned a higher certification is helpful for navigation and usage of the command line, but is not required
Impact on the organization
This course is intended to develop the skills needed to containerize software applications and deploy them to a Red Hat® OpenShift Container Platform cluster. These skills allow you to take advantage of a platform and architecture that fosters DevOps principles in your organization. Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform provides a self-provisioning environment for developers to deploy their applications using DevOps patterns such as continuous integration and deployment. Many language and database runtimes, containerized Red Hat Middleware, and more are provided to reduce the need for custom containerization by the developer, thereby reducing time to market.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to containerize applications for deployment on the Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform. You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
- Deploy applications to an OpenShift cluster and manage them with the command line client and the web console.
- Design and build containers for applications for successful deployment to an OpenShift cluster.
- Publish container images to an enterprise registry.
- Build containerized applications using the Source-to-Image facility.
- Create applications using OpenShift templates.
- Extract a service from a monolithic application and deploy it to the cluster as a microservice.
- Migrate applications to run on an OpenShift cluster.
In this course, you will learn how to design, build, and deploy containerized software applications on an OpenShift cluster. Whether writing container-native applications or migrating existing applications, this course provides hands-on training to boost developer productivity powered by Red Hat® OpenShift Container Platform.
- Deploy applications from container images, Dockerfiles, and source code to an OpenShift cluster.
- Manage applications using the OpenShift web console and the OpenShift CLI.
- Inject configuration data and secrets into an application.
- Publish application container images to an external registry.
- Manage application builds and build hooks.
- Create application from templates.
- Manage application deployments.
- Monitor application health using probes.
- Migrate applications to containers and microservices.