Learn how to automate Linux system administration tasks with Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform and manage complex automation workflows at scale and prevent single points of failure.
The Ansible Automation Platform Boot Camp (DO710) is designed for Linux administrators and developers who need to automate repeatable and error-prone steps for system provisioning, configuration, application deployment, and orchestration. Learn recommended practices for automation development using reusable code, advanced playbook techniques, shared execution environments, and preparing for scalable automation with the automation content navigator. Deploy automation controller to centrally manage automation workflows, automation mesh to scale up and distribute execution capacity, and private automation hub to manage Ansible Content Collections and automation execution environments for use by automation developers.
This collection of courses is based on Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform 2.2.
Who should attend
This course is geared toward Linux system administrators, DevOps engineers, Site Reliability Engineers, infrastructure automation engineers, and developers who are responsible for repeatable tasks such as:
- Automating configuration management
- Ensuring consistent and repeatable application deployment
- Provisioning and deployment of development, testing, and production servers
- Integrating with DevOps continuous integration/continuous delivery workflows
Become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), or demonstrate equivalent experience
Impact on the organization
- Bring operational efficiency by removing manual processes through automation.
- Easily scale the organization's dynamic IT infrastructure.
- Accelerate application time to value.
- Rapidly adapt and implement needed innovation through DevOps practices.
- Distribute automation throughout your organization with the use of reusable code.
- Create easily scalable automation for larger enterprise environments with the new, containerized architecture.
- Deploy efficient and reliable management of your Ansible automation infrastructure to streamline IT automation of systems in your enterprise, increasing your cost savings and operational efficiency.
Impact on the individual
You will be able to apply automation first principles to solve real-world Linux system and services problems through the effective creation of Ansible playbooks and application of Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform. You will gain the skills to automate your workflows, build the foundation for DevOps practices, and learn how to leverage Ansible Automation Platform for developmental efficiencies. You will learn to develop automation in a way that scales to large teams and complex enterprises. You will gain the skills to effectively manage and optimize playbooks, create and share execution environments and collections, as well as learn how to use the automation content navigator for managing the automation lifecycle. You will learn how to install and manage automation controller and private automation hub of Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform 2 in order to deploy and operate Ansible automation services for your organization that you can extend to a larger scale.
Course Content Summary
- Installing Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform on control nodes.
- Creating and updating inventories of managed hosts and managing connections to them.
- Automating administration tasks with Ansible Playbooks.
- Writing effective playbooks at scale.
- Protecting sensitive data used by Ansible Automation Platform with Ansible Vault.
- Reusing code and simplifying playbook development with Ansible Roles and Ansible Content Collections.
- Apply recommended practices for effective and efficient automation with Ansible.
- Perform automation operations as rolling updates.
- Use advanced features of Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform to work with data, including filters and plugins.
- Create automation execution environments to contain and scale Red Hat Ansible Automation.
- Leverage capabilities of the automation content navigator to develop Ansible Playbooks.
- Discussion of the architecture of Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform 2.
- Installation and configuration of automation controllers and private automation hubs to centrally coordinate and scale Red Hat Ansible Automation.
- Integration of Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform with centralized Git repository services such as GitLab.
- Management of users, teams, and access permissions in Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform services.
- Creation and management of workflows that execute automation based on the success or failure of previous jobs
- Troubleshooting and maintenance of Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform services.
- Discussion of recommended practices to ensure high availability and scalability of a large automation cluster.