Who should attend
Developers and DevOps
- Using Splunk Application Performance Monitoring
- Familiarity with using the command line terminal
- Basic knowledge of programming languages (e.g. Python, Java)
- Instrumentation Overview
- Manually Instrument Applications to Send Traces
- Add Metadata to Your Traces
- Instrumentation Interoperability
This single subject course targeted to developers enables you to manually instrument your applications to send traces to Splunk APM. Through in-person discussions and hands-on activities, learn to manually instrument applications to create spans and add metadata to spans. This course assumes familiarity with navigating Splunk APM which is covered in the course Using Splunk Application Performance Monitoring.
This lab-oriented class is designed to help you learn the fundamentals of instrumenting your code to send in traces and trace metadata. All hands-on labs are in Python and Java.