This course is designed for system administrators responsible for deploying and administering multiple Kubernetes cluster distributions with Rancher Manager for Rancher Prime. It begins with an introduction to Rancher Manager and its architecture. Students will then learn how to access Rancher Manager using a web browser. During the course an existing RKE2 Kubernetes cluster will be registered and a new RKE cluster will be provisioned with Rancher Manager and Kubernetes cluster administrative activities will be introduced. It also covers Kubernetes cluster management and hosted Kubernetes providers’ deployments in the public cloud.
This course prepares students for the SCA in Rancher Manager 2.7 for Rancher Prime exam.
Who should attend
This course is designed for system administrators and other persons responsible for provisioning and administering Kubernetes clusters with Rancher Manager for Rancher Prime.
This course is part of the following Certifications:
An understanding of Kubernetes objects and resources is needed for this course. This knowledge can be gained through the KUB201v1.26: Kubernetes Administration course. Linux command line experience is helpful.
Attendees will be taught the following concepts and skills:
- An Introduction to Rancher Manager for Rancher Prime
- Cluster and Cluster Template Management with Rancher Manager
- User Management
- Application Management with Rancher Manager
- Multi-cluster Application Management with Continuous Delivery
- Logging and Monitoring
- Rancher Manager Extensions
- Security Scans and Policy Constraint Configuration
- Variety of Shell Based Actions with Rancher Manager
- Backing up and Restoring Downstream Clusters and Rancher Manager