CompTIA Penetration Testing (PENTEST+)
In this course, you'll get the skills you need to identify, exploit, report, and manage vulnerabilities on a network.
This course builds upon skills learnt from CompTIA Security+ certification and provides you with the intermediate skills and best practice for penetration testing.
Your expert instructor will teach you up-to-date penetration testing skills, helping you develop vulnerability assessment techniques and the management skills necessary to determine how resilient a network is to attacks.
Who should attend
If you're an intermediate level cyber security professional tasked with penetration testing, this course is ideal for you.
Before attending this course, you should have:
- Network+, Security+ or equivalent knowledge
- A minimum of 2-3 years of hands-on information security or related experience
You'll learn to:
- customise assessment frameworks
- report penetration test findings
- communicate recommended strategies
On this course, you'll prepare for the CompTIA PenTest+ exam The performance-based PenTest+ exam involves hands-on simulations, proving you've moved beyond theory and have the practical skills to carry out penetration testing techniques.
Achieving this certification qualifies you for a role as a:
- Penetration Tester
- Vulnerability Tester
- Security Analyst (II)
- Vulnerability Assessment Analyst
- Network Security Operations
- Application Security Vulnerability
Planning and Scoping
- Explain the importance of planning for an engagement
- Explain key legal concepts.
- Explain the importance of scoping an engagement properly.
- Explain the key aspects of compliance-based assessments.
Information Gathering and Vulnerability Identification
- Given a scenario, conduct information gathering using appropriate techniques
- Given a scenario, perform a vulnerability scan.
- Given a scenario, analyse vulnerability scan results
- Explain the process of leveraging information to prepare for exploitation.
- Explain weaknesses related to specialised systems
Attacks and Exploits
- Compare and contrast social engineering attacks
- Given a scenario, exploit network-based vulnerabilities
- Given a scenario, exploit wireless and RF-based vulnerabilities
- Given a scenario, exploit application-based vulnerabilities
- Given a scenario, exploit local host vulnerabilities
- Summarise physical security attacks related to facilities
- Given a scenario, perform post-exploitation techniques
Penetration Testing Tools
- Given a scenario, use Nmap to conduct information gathering exercises
- Compare and contrast various use cases of tools
- Given a scenario, analyse tool output or data related to a penetration test
- Given a scenario, analyse a basic script (limited to Bash, Python, Ruby, and PowerShell)
Reporting and Communication
- Given a scenario, use report writing and handling best practices
- Explain post-report delivery activities
- Given a scenario, recommend mitigation strategies for discovered vulnerabilities
- Explain the importance of communication during the penetration testing process
Duration 5 days
Price (excl. tax)
- 2,490.— €
Duration 5 days
Price (excl. tax)
- Austria: 2,490.— €
- Germany: 2,490.— €
- Coffee, Tea, Juice, Water, Soft drinks
- Pastry and Sweets
- Fresh fruits
- Lunch in a nearby restaurant
* Catering information only valid for courses delivered by iTLS.
Currently no local training dates available. Enquire a date