Red Hat OpenShift Administration II: Operating a Production Kubernetes Cluster (DO280)
Configure, manage, and troubleshoot OpenShift clusters and containerized applications
Red Hat OpenShift Administration II: Operating a Production Kubernetes Cluster (DO280) teaches you how to configure, troubleshoot, and manage Red Hat® OpenShift® Container Platform. This hands-on, lab-based course shows you how to verify the successful installation of a cluster, manage it on a day-to-day basis, and troubleshoot the deployment of containerized applications.
This course is based on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 8.2 and OpenShift Container Platform 4.5.
Who should attend
This course is designed for system administrators, system architects, and developers who want to install and configure Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
- System and Software Architects interested in understanding features and functionality of an OpenShift cluster.
- System Administrators interested in the ongoing management of clusters and containerized applications.
- Cluster Operators interested in managing access to cluster resources by users and applications.
- Site Reliability Engineers interested in the ongoing maintenance and troubleshooting of a cluster.
This course is part of the following Certifications:
- Become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator, or demonstrate equivalent Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administration experience
- Complete Red Hat OpenShift I: Containers & Kubernetes (DO180), or demonstrate equivalent experience with containers, Kubernetes, and OpenShift basics
- Take our free assessment to gauge whether this offering is the best fit for your skills.
Impact on the organization
This course is intended to develop the skills needed to install, configure, and manage the Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform to deploy containerized applications that are highly available, resilient, and scalable. Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform enables rapid application development and deployment, as well as portability of an application across environments. The platform also offers simplified application scaling, administration, and maintenance of adapted or cloud-native applications.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the individual
After completing this course, you should be able to demonstrate the skills to establish a new OpenShift cluster, perform initial configuration of the cluster, and manage the cluster on a day-to-day basis. One major focus of the course is troubleshooting common problems that will be encountered beyond day one.
Follow On Courses
- Describe the Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform cluster installation and update processes
- Troubleshoot application deployments
- Configure authentication using local users
- Control access to projects using role-based access control (RBAC)
- Expose applications to clients external to the cluster using TLS encryption
- Configure network isolation between services and applications using network policies
- Configure application scheduling using labels and selectors
- Limit compute resource usage of applications with resource limits and quotas
- Manage a cluster and deployed applications with the Web Console
- Install Kubernetes Operators with the Web Console
Duration 4 days
Price (excl. tax)
- 2,220.- €
Duration 3 days
Price (excl. tax)
- Austria: 2,220.- €
- Germany: 2,220.- €
- Switzerland: 2,220.- €
E-Learning Red Hat Online Learning (RHOL)
Duration 90 days
Price (excl. tax)
- Austria: 1,887.- €
- Germany: 1,887.- €
- Switzerland: 1,887.- €
Currently no local training dates available. Enquire a date