This course serves as the foundation for all other Splunk Observability courses. It is targeted towards DevOps/SRE/Observability teams, Senior On-call Engineers, Onboarding and Monitoring Strategists and Developers. This 6-hr course provides a fundamental understanding of Metrics Monitoring in Splunk Observability such as the metrics data model and different types of metadata. See how you can interact with data using built-in content, search for metrics, find more information about a metric, visualize and alert on metrics. Learn to use appropriate rollups, interpret chart data based on chart resolution, rollups, and analytic functions. All concepts are taught using lectures and scenario-based hands-on activities.
Note: This course was formerly known as Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring Fundamentals. The new course contains additional content and hands-on labs.
Who should attend
DevOps/SRE/Observability teams, Senior On-call Engineers, Onboarding and Monitoring Strategists and Developers.
Introduction to Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring (eLearning)
- Define components of the metrics data model
- Discriminate between types of metadata
- Interact with data using built-in content
- Create dashboards using best practices
- Find and visualize metrics
- Alert on metrics
- Correctly interpret data in charts based on rollups, analytic functions and chart resolution