This three-day course discusses edge security concepts for the service provider network. It discusses security for 5G networks on the main GPRS interfaces. Key topics include deploying an SRX Series device in different parts of the service provider network, implementing CGNAT, DDoS, malware inspection, command-and-control prevention, IPsec tunnels, 5G security, control plane hardening, and BGP hardening. Students will gain experience in configuring, testing, and troubleshooting the Junos OS through demonstrations and hands-on labs. This course is based on Junos OS 21.1R1.11.
Who should attend
This course benefits those responsible for implementing, monitoring, and troubleshooting Juniper security components.
- Intermediate level of TCP/IP networking and security knowledge
- Attend the Introduction to Juniper Security (IJSEC) course before attending this class
- Define the general security architecture for 4G and 5G networks.
- Configure data plane security protections.
- Explain DoS and DDoS attacks.
- Describe BGP Flowspec in protecting against DDoS attacks.
- Explain the Corero solution for DDoS attacks.
- Describe the use of stateful firewalls.
- Explain the use of ALGs in stateful security firewalls.
- Explain how to secure BGP on Junos devices.
- Describe how to use IPsec to secure traffic.
- Explain the new IoT threat to networks.
- Describe AutoVPN IPsec architectures.
- Explain the use and configuration of CGNAT on SRX Series devices