CEL Data Guard 12c New Features with Uwe Hesse (D101220)
In this seminar Uwe Hesse will review and explain with live demonstrations the following key new features of Data Guard in 12c.
- Use FAST SYNC as a Redo Transport property.
- Use FAR SYNC instances.
- Use Real-Time Cascading standby databases.
- Make additional production use of your standby databases.
- Implement multiple simultaneous Observers for one Data Guard configuration.
Benefits To You
In this seminar Uwe Hesse will review the following key features:
- FAST SYNC is a new method for redo transport that allows for the protection mode Maximum Availability while having less performance impact than the method SYNC.
- FAR SYNC is a way to overcome distance restrictions for Data Guard configurations in Maximum Availability protection mode.
- Applicable for all configurations that are in Maximum Performance mode presently because of latency induced performance implications on behalf of the large distance between primary and standby database.
- Global Sequences, Session Sequences and Local Undo all contribute to enable production use of a standby database, enhancing the Real-Time Query feature that was available in 11g already.
- Real-Time Cascading enables a standby database to forward redo to another standby database without having to wait for archived logs to be created. This can be used to overcome distance restrictions as well as for implementing a Real-Time Query farm without impacting performance of the primary.
- Multiple Observers now can be used to monitor one Data Guard configuration.
Who should attend
- Project managers
- Database administrators
Familiarity with Database Administration
- Learn how and when to use FAST SYNC as a Redo Transport property
- Learn how and when to use FAR SYNC instances
- Learn how and when to use Real-Time Cascading standby databases
- Leverage the new 12c feature to make additional production use of your standby databases
- Implement multiple simultaneous Observers for one Data Guard configuration
- Review FAST SYNC
- Review FAR SYNC
- Global Sequences
- Real-Time Cascading
- Multiple Simultaneous Observers for One Configuration
Dauer 1 Tag
Preis (exkl. MwSt.)
- 677,- €
Sprache der Kursunterlagen: Englisch
Derzeit gibt es keine Trainingstermine für diesen Kurs. Termin anfragen