Oracle BI 11g R1: Build Repositories (D63514)
This Oracle BI 11g R1: Build Repositories training is based on OBI EE release 184.108.40.206. Expert Oracle University instructors will teach you step-by-step procedures for building and verifying the three layers of an Oracle BI repository; you'll begin by using the Oracle BI Administration Tool to construct a simple repository to address a fictitious company's business requirements.
- Build and execute analyses to test and verify a dimensional business model.
- Use the Oracle BI Adminstration Tool to administer Oracle BI Server.
- Use the Oracle BI Administration Tool to build, manage and maintain an Oracle BI repository.
- Build a dimensional business model to address business intelligence requirements.
- Validate your work by creating and running analyses, and verifying query results using the query log.
Benefits to You
By taking this course, you'll walk away with the ability to transform your organization’s data into intelligence, which will improve your day-to-day decision making. This new knowledge will help you provide time-critical, relevant and accurate insights. Furthermore, you'll develop skills that will help you become more efficient at building repositories.
Build Logical Business Models
This course will also teach you how to import schemas, design and build logical business models and expose business models to users in the Oracle BI user interface. While constructing the repository, you'll learn how to build physical and logical joins, simple measures and calculation measures.
Model Logical Dimension Hierarchies
You'll then extend the initial repository and learn how to model more complex business requirements. This includes logical dimension hierarchies, multiple logical table sources, aggregate tables, partitions and time series data.
Implement Oracle BI Server Security
Oracle University instructors will also walk you through implementing the Oracle BI Server security and managing the Oracle BI Server cache. You'll learn how to set up a multi-user development environment and use Administration Tool wizards and utilities to manage, maintain and enhance repositories.
Advanced Course Topics
Finally, investing in this course will give you a chance to explore more advanced topics, like implicit fact columns, bridge tables, usage tracking, multilingual environments, write back and patch merge. An appendix is included, which covers architecture and the benefits of the Oracle Exalytics BI Machine.
- Business analysts
- Data Warehouse administrators
- Data Warehouse analysts
- Technical consultants
- Knowledge on Dimensional modeling
- Knowledge on Basic SQL
- Knowledge on Data warehouse design
- Build and run analyses to test and validate a repository
- Build simple and calculated measures for a fact table
- Create logical dimension hierarchies and level-based measures
- Check the model and then model aggregate tables to speed query processing
- Model partitions and fragments to improve application performance and usability
- Use variables to streamline administrative tasks and modify metadata content dynamically
- Use time series functions to support historical time comparison analyses
- Set up security to authenticate users and assign appropriate permissions and privileges
- Build the Physical, Business Model and Mapping, and Presentation layers of a repository
- Apply cache management techniques to maintain and enhance query performance
- Set up query logging for testing and debugging
- Set up a multiuser development environment
- Use the Administration Tool wizards and utilities to manage, maintain, and enhance repositories
- Enable usage tracking to track queries and database usage, and improve query performance
- Perform a patch merge in a development-to-production scenario
- Describe Exalytics machine and the Summary Advisor tool used in the machine
- Repository Basics
- Building the Physical Layer of a Repository
- Building the Business Model and Mapping Layer of a Repository
- Building the Presentation Layer of a Repository
- Testing and Validating a Repository
- Managing Logical Table Sources
- Adding Calculations to a Fact
- Working with Logical Dimensions
- Using Aggregates
- Using Partitions and Fragments
- Using Repository Variables
- Modeling Time Series Data
- Modeling Many-to-Many Relationships
- Localizing Oracle BI Metadata and Data
- Setting an Implicit Fact Column
- Importing Metadata from Multidimensional Data Sources
- Cache Management
- Enabling Usage Tracking
- Multiuser Development
- Configuring Write Back
- Performing a Patch Merge
Derzeit gibt es keine Trainingstermine für diesen Kurs. Termin anfragen