SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM)
In this course, attendees gain an understanding of the role of a Scrum Master in a SAFe enterprise. Unlike traditional Scrum Master training that focuses on the fundamentals of team-level Scrum, the SAFe Scrum Master course explores the role of the Scrum Master in the context of the entire enterprise, and prepares attendees to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization. This includes learning the key components of Agile at scale development, how Scrum is facilitated throughout the enterprise, and how to execute Iteration Planning.
Attendees discover how to build high performing Agile teams by becoming a servant leader and coach, and how to coach those teams to deliver the maximum business value at scale. SAFe 5 Scrum Master (SSM) certification signifies that people are prepared to perform the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe environment, increasing their value to teams and organizations that are implementing SAFe.
Who should attend
Program or Project Manager, Scrum Master, Team Lead, Release Train Engineer, Business Analyst, Agile Coach, Portfolio Manager, Consultant, Architect, Engineer, Developer, Director, Quality, Manager, Product Manager, Product Owner, Delivery Manager, Program Manager
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience.
However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Awareness of Scrum, Kanban, and eXtreme Programming (XP)
- Working knowledge of software and hardware development processes
- Describe Scrum in a SAFe enterprise
- Facilitate Scrum events
- Facilitate effective Iteration execution
- Support effective Program Increment execution
- Support relentless improvement
- Coach Agile teams for maximum business results
- Support DevOps implementation
- Introducing Scrum in SAFe
- Characterizing the role of the Scrum Master
- Experiencing Program Increment planning
- Facilitating Iteration execution
- Finishing the Program Increment
- Coaching the Agile team
What Attendees Get
- Printed workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Scrum Master (SSM) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend all days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
Completion of this course gives you access to the exam and all related study materials as part of your Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform.
The first step toward becoming an Certified SAFe® Scrum Master is to attend the SAFe® Scrum Master course. This is a requirement, because attending the course provides access to all the study materials and the exam. Note that attending the course does not guarantee passing the exam.
- Exam name – SAFe® 4 Scrum Master Exam – or – SAFe® 5 Scrum Master Exam
- Exam format – Multiple choice; Multiple select
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe® Scrum Master course
- Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions – 45
- Passing score – SSM 4 = 33 out of 45 (73%); SSM 5 = 34 out of 45 (75%)
- Language – English
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs US$ 50,–.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
Dauer 3 Tage
Preis (exkl. MwSt.)
- 1.490,– €
Dauer 2 Tage
Preis (exkl. MwSt.)
- Österreich: 1.390,– €
- Deutschland: 1.390,– €
- Schweiz: CHF 1.790,–
- Nespresso Kaffee, Tee, Säfte und Mineral
- Kuchen, frisches Obst und Snacks
- Mittagessen in einem der direkt erreichbaren Partnerrestaurants
Gilt nur bei Durchführung durch iTLS. Termine, die von unseren Partnern durchgeführt werden, beinhalten ggf. ein abweichendes Verpflegungsangebot.