Why earn this certification?
To enhance IT professionals ability to address current and future network security challenges.
This certification validates that you can describe common security threats and vulnerabilities with an understanding of:
- Device hardening
- Implementation of security at the edge with AAA
- Basic roles and firewall policies
- Dynamic segmentation
- Endpoint classification
- Basic threat detection technologies
- Collecting logs and alarms
Typical candidates for this certification should be a network engineer or help desk engineer working in either a customer or partner environment. The candidate should have worked six months to a year in networking in both wired and wireless knowledge.
Skill level: Associate
Recommended training for this certification
Candidates must pass the Aruba Certified Associate – Network Security Exam on PearsonVUE.
The Aruba Certified Associate – Network Security is valid for three years from date achieved.
To recertify, you must pass one of the following exams before the expiration date:
- Pass the current exam on PearsonVUE
- If qualified, pass the Aruba Edge associate exam